Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm a new member here.

I will hopefully be placing an order for a V40 R-Design this coming week.
It will most likely be for a D3 with an auto gearbox in the Rebel blue, but I've not quite decided on what options to go for!

Nice to meet you all
V

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site!

Good choice of colour, thats what I'd go for. As far as options, I'd go for everything...but thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
Thanks. It's very very tempting to put it all on!

So far I'm thinking about going for the Lux and winter pack, rear parking camera, autodimming mirror and the 2 level boot floor

·
Registered
70 Posts
There the same options as myself along with DAB. Good choices, and the rebel blue is fab.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
V40 D3 R-Design Lux. Rebel Blue, Auto Dim Mirror, Memory seats/mirrors, Lux winter pack, DAB radio, Rear Camera, Privacy Glass, Floor divider.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
louisdoberman said:
There the same options as myself along with DAB. Good choices, and the rebel blue is fab.

V40 D3 R-Design Lux. Rebel Blue, Auto Dim Mirror, Memory seats/mirrors, Lux winter pack, DAB radio, Rear Camera, Privacy Glass, Floor divider.
Ah yes I forgot the DAB, that's on the list as well.

Actually you'd be a great person to ask rather than the salesman - how do you find the rear camera? Is it mainly good for getting into bays, or does it show where the back of the car is? I'm thinking of having it instead of the parking sensors but the picture in the brochure doesn't seem to show the back of the car.

Also, how do you find the memory seats? That's on the list of nice to haves - the thing is I'd be the only one driving the car, so I wouldn't need to play with the seats very often. I'd read that the mirrors only auto-dip with the memory seats, but not sure whether that's worth the £600!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think the rear camera is great and a must. I have to parallel park outside my house and it is worth every bit of money. The camera sits right next to the boot catch and gives a good view of the rear. It also has a single zoom and up to about 5-10 mph, you can still have it on. Comes in handy sometimes when you think someone is up your a**e at the lights....just turn it on. It is only myself that drives my car but still think the memory seats are worth it. Even if it is just because it has been moved since a service etc and you can programme your seats and mirrors to your key fob so when you unlock your car.....bingo. With the wing mirror auto dip as well, it saves your wheels getting scuffed as you can set either the left or right to dip or have them both do it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's great, thank you.

Does the camera come with the parking sensors as well?
I didn't think it does, but my local dealer seemed to think it does.

·
Registered
1 Posts
which colour for v40

Hello i'm, a new member
I will hopefully be placing an order for a V40 this coming week.
It will most likely be for a D2 with an a manual gearbox not sure which colour to go for any sugestions ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts