Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have just ordered a Volvo V40 D2 Cross Country Lux, with winter pack and reversing camera. This will be my first ever Volvo after the test drive I am looking forward to getting it. The only problem is apparently a new computer system so I have no date when it will arrive:mad:. Always thought of Volvo`s as heavy gas guzzlers but the fuel figures look good. I will be interested as to what mpg in real life will be.

Thank you for letting me join the forum

Peter

·
Registered
591 Posts
Welcome Peter

The rear camera is a good call, I am missing mine (and / or sensors) which I have enjoyed for 10+ years on prev cars.

Camera definitely better than sensors - don't know if it can be retrofitted but had to get out of car twice when parking till I get used to length where no shop windows or shiny cars across the street have been on offer.

first time Volvo owner here (of 4 weeks) and I simply love it !

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Peter
I have had the D3 LUX WITH NAV and Reversing Camera for 7 months. The camera is a great asset I love it. You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Welcome from another North Yorkshire V40 D2 driver.

Never had a car with reverse camera so I guess I don't miss it. Mind you, I have not hit anything whilst parking in the last 2 years. The V40 is a compact car and pretty easy to reverse park. :)

MPG - I get mpg in the high 70's. My car spends a lot of time on the A1(M). MPG will depend on location and driving style. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Kev, when you say "high 70's" do you actually reffer to MPG or to the peak of pot smoking in the 70's? If it's mpg you must be a master of restrain and feather footed on the pedal! Good for you!

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Kev, when you say "high 70's" do you actually reffer to MPG or to the peak of pot smoking in the 70's? If it's mpg you must be a master of restrain and feather footed on the pedal! Good for you!
Hehehehe. Each to their own.

Feather footed? Nah. I just do the 23 miles to work on the motorway at around 60mph. Gives me great fuel economy. I save around £1200 per year on diesel driving the V40.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Have just driven up the A1(M) today to Just north of Newcastle and LOVE this road! With lovely wide SMOOTH quiet surfaces it's made me realise just how comfy my V40 is after 5hours driving with only a 15 minute food break!

Please can we get whoever made this road to replace all the others in the country?!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Have just driven up the A1(M) today to Just north of Newcastle and LOVE this road! With lovely wide SMOOTH quiet surfaces it's made me realise just how comfy my V40 is after 5hours driving with only a 15 minute food break!

Please can we get whoever made this road to replace all the others in the country?!
I went up the same road today too to North of Newcastle. :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.