Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

New to Volvo & obviously V40, which has been here for about a month, and no local forums as yet.
D4 Luxury.
Test drove equivalent Merc, Audi & Alfa and V40 best drive by a mile. (We were trying to be rational in our decision making, but 1st test drive changed that, and we cancelled 2 other tests.)
Added the DSP, and except for the ACC picking up very slow trucks on uphill bends a couple of times (severely slowing) have found it to be brilliant.
Most happy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome v40 ownership! I also have a new D4 with DSP and love it, although in Melbourne the placement of our speed limit signs make the RSI a little unreliable. Had my drivers side mirror and front door kicked in by vandals in week two of ownership, but just got car back from panel beaters yesterday and all as good as new again!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Toby said:
Welcome v40 ownership!
Thanks Toby.
We were the first in the Sth Highlands NSW.
Great car.

Toby said:
Had my drivers side mirror and front door kicked in by vandals in week two of ownership
Ouch! Glad it's now back in one piece.

The only "issue" we have had with RSI is the 40km special times school zones.
Pity it cannot read text also :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi From Potts Point Sydney. After being keen on the S60 last year, I put everything on hold when I heard about the V40. Just ordered the T4 (BiarritzBlue with blond in blond, Driver's package and a few other specs including panoramic roof) and can't wait (though have to as mid July is earliest expected date). Love Scandinavian design (as evidenced from my 1870s home with lots of mid century Scandi design stuff) and my love of the gritty TV shows like The Killing. V40 fits into this category well with it's clean lines and clever no fuss design. Hopefully it will prove a great successor to my beloved Alfa 147 (manual, alfa red with tan leather seats & sunroof) which always made me smile when I drove it.

Not sure if it's just me but all the German cars leave me cold and the smugness of Golf/Merc/BMW/Audi drivers is just irritating. Would have gone for another Alfa but none of the current crop tickle my fancy. Not sure what I'd have chosen if the V40 wasn't around. Saved about $4,000 on the RRP and got 5 years warranty/servicing as well by getting a lease through Macquarie Leasing (which I can pay with my Amex at no extra cost.) Very happy with that deal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Kevin, welcome to the Oz V40 family! Great choice. We are also obsessed by The Killing, Wallander etc. + the Mrs loves all things Scandi! Only complaint about the V40 is the large turning circle. U turns aren't really an option anymore! My previous 2002 S60 Manual much tighter turning circle, but the thinner 195mm tyres helped there compared to the V40's 225mm Pirellis. As for going from my beloved manual to an auto, I'm slowly getting used to it. Whacking the lever into sport mode and all is forgiven!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KevininSydney said:
Not sure if it's just me but all the German cars leave me cold and ..... Would have gone for another Alfa but none of the current crop tickle my fancy.
Not just you :)
1 month in and we are still looking for excuses to go for a drive. That's never happened before.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Toby said:
Hi Kevin, welcome to the Oz V40 family! Great choice. We are also obsessed by The Killing, Wallander etc. + the Mrs loves all things Scandi! Only complaint about the V40 is the large turning circle. U turns aren't really an option anymore! My previous 2002 S60 Manual much tighter turning circle, but the thinner 195mm tyres helped there compared to the V40's 225mm Pirellis. As for going from my beloved manual to an auto, I'm slowly getting used to it. Whacking the lever into sport mode and all is forgiven!
[hr]
After my Alfa I'm sure I will be happy with the V40s turning circle. I would say the Alfa had a turning circle of a tank but that's not accurate as tanks turn on the spot. My the next two months of waiting for Sven (working name) pass quickly!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have been a volvo driver now for two weeks and loving it. Second one on the central coast of NSW

I have found the RSI doesn't like variable limits that have lights showing the changing speed and I am remembering how to do three point turns but no real complaints

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Wendy, Welcome to V40 ownership. I'm in my fourth month and still loving it. Too much city driving and not enough time to really DRIVE! I'm jealous of your driving opportunities.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts