Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a fresh v40 T3 owner encouraged to buy Volvo by my wife who is driving one :)

Unfortunately after driving 2,000 km in one month I had to leave it at a service station... I have noticed few times that my clutch is slipping and after checking it in service yesterday they told me there is a leak from the gearbox - I wouldn't expect it in a brand new car... Now I have to wait till the next week to have it fixed and what is the worst - drive a 87 hp Astra in a meantime :dodgy: And I really enjoyed driving my new V40!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have just talked with my Volvo service and they told me that (as assumed) there was a problem with transmission sealant that needs to be replaced. In addition they will replace the complete clutch (as oil has got to it) - I do not want to know how much would it cost if it wasn't a warranty repair!

Apart from the sad fact that a new car has a fault like this I am disappointed that I have to wait one week to have my car fixed. This is due to fact that they need to order parts from Sweden + weekend etc...

I wonder if any of you heard about such a breakdown in V40 with such a low mileage (2.000 km)? It seems that mine problem was the most serious from what was reported on this forum...

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problem. Gearbox on my V40 T3 manual was also replaced around 2000km

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it looks this may be the general problem? My dealer told me that it was the first issue with V40 gearbox they had and this is the biggest Volvo dealer in Poland - however V40 is the least popular Volvo model here.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
So it looks this may be the general problem? My dealer told me that it was the first issue with V40 gearbox they had and this is the biggest Volvo dealer in Poland - however V40 is the least popular Volvo model here.
I am not sure if it is a general problem, I just find the manual gearbox/motor very noisy, and the last few days it started bothering me again. Other manual transmission cars seem to be much quieter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.