Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I bought a new Volvo V40 T4 just a few weeks ago. It´s a manual transmission model, pretty basic one, actually. I previously owned a Mini Cooper S Clubman. I decided to make the change as I needed a car with more space in the backseat and with four doors to make an easier ingress and egress for my two daughters (3 and 6 years old). I sort of miss the entertaining driving character of the Mini, but certainly a more comfortable and refined car the V40.

I live in Santiago, Chile, and hope to learn a lot about this platform.

Regards to all from South America.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome !

Interesting you say it's a basic one, the base model V40's here are loaded with kit. They don't have the fancy extras like electric seats / heated seats etc as standard, but electric windows / mirrors / city safety all standard.

When I think basic, I think back to my first car - manual windows / no power steering , aircon was for very rich people only , electric mirrors were for show-offs/lazy people. I didn't even have the little sticks inside to adjust mirrors, it was roll down window and move it by hand :exclamation:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, you´re right in that sense. It´s just that power windows, locks, mirrors, comes as base in practically any new car out there. What I meant it has non of the luxury stuff you mention like leather seats, sunroof, xenon headlamps, the extra security stuff (like lane departure warning, and all that), and I didn´t go with the R-Design pack either. Maybe "entry-level" would have been a better word choice.

Very nicely equipped the V40 for sure (including cruise control and bluetooth), I just don´t have the lux stuff.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
T4, that is a nice one. Polestar is and it will even be more fun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi VoodooBOB, yes, the Polestar Repro should add some 20 bhp and some 20-30 pounds/feet of torque while keeping factory warranty. Sounds good.

Kind of expensive here, though. The dealer mentioned it would cost some USD 1.000. Seems a bit steep for a Repro when compared with other Repros from the llikes of Upsolute, Unitronic, APR, etc. (these ones will void the warranty, though). The latters will cost between USD 485-585 here in Chile (if available for your particular model).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts