Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took delivery of my V40 T5 R-design last week from Penrith Volvo, what a fabulous car. So far it has done nothing but simply impress me. Did a great deal on an MY13 Demo unit in Rebel Blue.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Stu, welcome and congrats. I picked up an ice white T5 from a Tynans on Thursday! Did you get the driver support pack? I had a drive to the southern Highlands on Friday and found the car to be very comfy, just still adjusting to the turning sphere... Having seen barely any on the road, I saw an ice white T5 this arvo and a black one tonight. I don't want to ask how much of a deal you got as I'm pretty sure I almost paid top dollar. ..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, I could have bought a T5 Luxury with the driver support pack, but had fallen in love with the R-design in Rebel, I just couldn't consider anything else. I took mine for a drive down through southern highlands to Kiama via Robertson and back up F6 on Sunday. It was brilliant. But I must admit that the turning circle is a little disappointing, my only comparison of late has been NW Pajero and MY13 LandRover Discovery4, both run circles around the Volvo in turning circle (pun intended). I've not seen many on the road, but I am told they have been a bit hard to get.... Will keep an eye out for any on the road and perhaps we start the secret salute....or something?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wasn't sure of that rebel blue in the showrooms, but saw one in the flesh this morning on the Cahill Expressway - damm it looks good on the road.
Sigh, only another 32 sleeps till mine is scheduled to arrive.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wasn't sure of that rebel blue in the showrooms, but saw one in the flesh this morning on the Cahill Expressway - damm it looks good on the road.

I have only 26 sleeps to go :thumbup: :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ordered my V40 T5 R Design MY14 in Rebel Blue last week. Pick it up March next year.
Comes with glass roof, drivers assist pack, full leather, heated seats, push button start and tinted windows.
5yr servicing, warranty & roadside assist
I think i got a great deal at 55k drive away

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ordered my V40 T5 R Design MY14 in Rebel Blue last week. Pick it up March next year.
Comes with glass roof, drivers assist pack, full leather, heated seats, push button start and tinted windows.
5yr servicing, warranty & roadside assist
I think i got a great deal at 55k drive away
That's - especially for a factory order - is a very good deal. Well done. Those sort of discounts are usually only for stock vehicles they want to move. We only recently decided against getting a V40CC T5 AWD to replace our C30. Interesting to see that factory order deliver time has blown out to over 4 months. I suspect a measure of worldwide demand for the V40.

Tony

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah, seems like a good price however all dealers are offering the 5 year service/warranty & roadside deal on 2013 models. I pressume mine will still be 2013 engine build but MY14 specification. It's being delivered 28 Feb, so I think build will be December - not 100% sure though. If it's a January build, then big bonus on that!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Seems like I should have said '20' sleeps. Mine arrived ahead of schedule on Friday, woo hoo... So glad I chose the blond interior and flamenco red, they look very classy together. And the D4 engine - wow - so much grunt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts