Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi V40 Owners

I'm Jon, from Worcestershire, South of Birmingham, UK.

Having decided to purchase Rebel Blue V40 R-Design I am currently well under way researching into the best offers and best deal before I take the plunge ....

Presently trying to weigh up the Pros and Cons of the D2, D3 and T3 and trying to decide which will best suit me, Hopefully i'll get some useful info from the forum.

All the best

Jon :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Am picking up my T3 R-design in a weeks time. Will be able to give you some feedback on that version then.
That would be great, and much appreciated :D

Jon, are you buying new or used, as that impacts the decision quite a bit.

Also, what sort of mileage and usage will you put the car to?

Darn fine choice of colour and spec though! :D
I'm currently looking to buy new, on a PCP type deal, well thats the plan, unless I cant get I want, I am not ruling out the possibility of buying a used V40. As long as the price, mielage, and condition are all okay.

Rebel Blue looks so smart :D even if my other half doesnt agree!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Jonfun, I recently purchased a R design D2 in rebel blue, cruise, reversing sensors, auto wipers, and rear tinted windows. I used the Volvo PCPs scheme,it seemed reasonable. At the moment i'm getting between 60 and 75 mpg on mixed routes. Admittedly fairly long journeys over 100 miles a time. Ive now covered approximately 1500miles and totally love driving it. It looks and drives great, I've not found any shortage of power yet, not that I'm trying yet as its still very early in its life.Very happy with my purchase. Hope you end up happy with your choice.

·
Registered
55 Posts
...I'm currently looking to buy new, on a PCP type deal, well thats the plan, unless I cant get I want, I am not ruling out the possibility of buying a used V40. As long as the price, mielage, and condition are all okay.

Rebel Blue looks so smart :D even if my other half doesnt agree!
If you're buying new I can't see past the new 4cyl D4 engine - 190 bhp and 99g/km means enough power to have some fun yet fuel consumption barely worse than the D2. Residuals will probably be a smidge better too.

Petrol might be a sensible option if you do comparatively low mileages, and of course both car and fuel are cheaper.

Personally, I love the torque of the more powerful diesels, and even caning my D4 (older 5-pot) on a fairly regular basis I can't get the average eco down below ~52mpg - with which I'm pretty darn pleased! :thumbup:

As for the Rebel Blue - colour choice of the gods!, and your other half will thank you for it the first time she forgets where she parked it in a large car park! ;-)

Happy hunting!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Regularly drive both D2 and T3.

Diesel is more economical 60MPG average,but needs a heavier right foot.
Petrol has livelier throttle response and is quieter, doing 47 average, but I'm in a flat area, expect to get over 40 though.

D2 has free RFL, T3 is £110, but petrol servicing is cheaper and intervals are 50% longer.

Try both and see what you think :thumbup:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Checked up the servicing costs between D2 and T3 over 72,000 miles.
D2 costs £ 1640 and T3 £1045, the difference covers the road tax on the T3.

TMS at Coventry normally have some of the best deals around on new and nearly new cars.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi mate,

Welcome to the forums. I'm in the west midlands at the moment too. Ordered my D2 SE Lux Powershift from the Warwick garage. Been told first week of October.

I thought about the D4 too, test drove the D2 and D3, and tbh, I enjoyed the D2 more. It was really smooth and enough power for me, personally.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Adam

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi V40 Owners

I'm Jon, from Worcestershire, South of Birmingham, UK.

Having decided to purchase Rebel Blue V40 R-Design I am currently well under way researching into the best offers and best deal before I take the plunge ....

Presently trying to weigh up the Pros and Cons of the D2, D3 and T3 and trying to decide which will best suit me, Hopefully i'll get some useful info from the forum.

All the best

Jon :D
Hi Jon

As promised a short write up on the T3. Picked mine up yesterday from the dealer and I am really impressed. I thought I would be disappointed with the power of the car but after having driven I am impressed. it's a bit lacking low down in the rev range but picks up once you get to about 1500rpm. Its a really engaging drive though there is some road noise and the ride is a bit on the harsh side.

Still learning about the toys in the car but the finishes are all of high quality. I got the one with the pano roof and I am reasonably tall so sitting in the back is a bit of a squeeze but I can manage just fine.

Anything else you would want to know?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.