Volvo V40 Forums banner

241 - 252 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is an interesting one didn't realise that this could be done, will be checking this out later, very usefull
My 1991 volvo 480 had that - at the same time it would also turn radio off,close the sunroof and put down/out the pop up headlamps then lock car securely.....not tried it on the v40.

·
Registered
55 Posts
About twin horns... it is still there in last years of production, but only if you ordered the car with "alarm system" option.

·
Registered
212 Posts
After 5 years of owning the car I just realised the map lights are dimmable. Press and hold the button and the light comes on then slowly dims to the brightness you want!

Reactions: weirdlounge

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 1991 volvo 480 had that - at the same time it would also turn radio off,close the sunroof and put down/out the pop up headlamps then lock car securely.....not tried it on the v40.

View attachment 16846
LUUUUUUUUV your 480. When i lived in London i had the same. Got STOLEN in Spain when i drove down with it. Collectors car this 480. I'm driving a MY2014 V40 2.5 5cyl....brilliant also

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks to mhron: maybe good to mention it here also: Launch control with geartronic:
Gearbox in S, left foot on the brake, right foot to the ground: rpms go to 2500...
Then lift your left foot and there you go.
But that´s not a Volvo-feature launch control right? It´s just the only way to "launch" any automatic car (thanks to torque converter there´s not much harm)... on my T5 If I press brakes all the way in and press the gas pedal all the way in the car will not remain stopped, the torque is waaay to much for the brakes to handle... unless I engage the handbrake as well

·
Registered
160 Posts
But that´s not a Volvo-feature launch control right? It´s just the only way to "launch" any automatic car (thanks to torque converter there´s not much harm)... on my T5 If I press brakes all the way in and press the gas pedal all the way in the car will not remain stopped, the torque is waaay to much for the brakes to handle... unless I engage the handbrake as well
It is a regular launch control, actually. I also have T5 and even with Polestar upgrade (400 Nm torque) it behaves the same. Both pedals down, the engine revs to about 2500 rpm, the car does not move an inch and then it shoots when the brake is released.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Maybe it's only on the later VEA-engine T5, which mine is (with Polestar too)? Haven't tried it yet......

·
Registered
160 Posts
Maybe it's only on the later VEA-engine T5, which mine is (with Polestar too)? Haven't tried it yet......
I think it came with that new Aisin 8-speed Geartronic. I am not sure.

·
Registered
678 Posts
My T5 is definitely the 8-speed Aisin. Smooth as silk.

·
Registered
160 Posts
My T5 is definitely the 8-speed Aisin. Smooth as silk.
So it should work for you as well. Unless you're right and it comes with VEA (or something in the car software included from particular model year).

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is a regular launch control, actually. I also have T5 and even with Polestar upgrade (400 Nm torque) it behaves the same. Both pedals down, the engine revs to about 2500 rpm, the car does not move an inch and then it shoots when the brake is released.
Oh wow! My car DOES inch forward (also Polestar T5) maybe I'm doing something wrong :p I'm gonna try it again next time

·
Registered
3 Posts
Found out that if you turn the outer ring of the menu button you can change the view of the reversing camera from straight out to facing down.

241 - 252 of 252 Posts