Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

My V40 is equipped with the high performance soundsystem with a 7" screen according to owners manual high performance and premium system should be capable to play DVD when car is parked. However my high performance system do not recognize DVD when inserted, furthermore the infotainment system do not list DVD, only disc, ipod,...etc.

Anyone out there who knows which soundsystem can play DVDs?

Regards
Rundelight

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here in Norway there is at least two versions. High perf 7" with CD and High perf 7" with DVD. Seems like you have the one with CD only.

·
451 Posts
rundelight said:
Hi All

My V40 is equipped with the high performance soundsystem with a 7" screen according to owners manual high performance and premium system should be capable to play DVD when car is parked. However my high performance system do not recognize DVD when inserted, furthermore the infotainment system do not list DVD, only disc, ipod,...etc.

Anyone out there who knows which soundsystem can play DVDs?

Regards
Rundelight
Hello Rundelight
I believe that in any case the key word is "Multimedia". Is your system, besides High Performance, characterized as Multimedia? If yes, then it will play DVDs, otherwise no.

Regards - Raytint (Chris from Greece)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In owners manual the system is called high performance multimedia, and it comes with the 7" screen.

Anyone out there having the DVD play capability? And if so what multimedia system are you equipped with?

Regards
Rundelight

·
451 Posts
rundelight said:
In owners manual the system is called high performance multimedia, and it comes with the 7" screen.

Anyone out there having the DVD play capability? And if so what multimedia system are you equipped with?

Regards
Rundelight
Best way to check what is going on is to visit the site of volvocars for your country. There, under "specifications" you will find which systems are available for the dealers of your country, thus for the consumers.

Once again regards - raytint

1 - 5 of 5 Posts