·
Premium Member
630 Posts
No clue, can't remember that I have seen those in my car

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good find, danieljfduarte. Although I was not convinced at first, I can't think of anything else that would make more sense. In fact, the manual doesn't explicitly mention the eyelets, but it does mention some backward facing child seats should be fitted with straps when on front seats- there's nowhere else you can strap them on.

But we have another mystery here - I don't remember ordering them. Is it a MY14 or LHD feature?

---------------------
Volvo V40 D2 Momentum, Ice White, Premium Sound, BLIS+LKA+RSI, TFT Display, Heated Windscreen, Rear Park Assist, Active High Beam, Power Child Lock

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Belisarius, do you have PACOS (Passenger Airbag Cut Off Switch).
Mine doesn't so i can't put child seats on the front seat. Maybe the hooks are only available with cars equipped with PACOS.
The volvo child seat (9 to 25 kg) is a Britax Roemer Multi-Tech Seat and in the manual they reference hooks to fix the child seat, when mouting it facing backward. Under the front seats of the cars there also hooks for fixing the child seat. I think that if the car have PACOS, then the front hooks must be there too. No PACOS no hooks.

Britax Romer Multi-tech user manual

Britax Romer Multi-Tech page - with videos how to fit the child seat

·
Registered
227 Posts
clips

I have the same hooks they are also used for holding the safety net ( dog net) that you can get when the rear seats are down it clips on the top of the rear handles and side of the floor

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I do have PACOS. I guess it was a MY14 upgrade, since I remember people complaining on this forum about the "passenger airbag on" reminder constantly lit - IIRC, it wasn't there on the MY13 model.

---------------------
Volvo V40 D2 Momentum, Ice White, Premium Sound, BLIS+LKA+RSI, TFT Display, Heated Windscreen, Rear Park Assist, Active High Beam, Power Child Lock

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yep, it's for holding a child car-seat. They are also in the back, if you look close at the tracks where the front seats move forwards and backwards. They are also present in other cars (at least my moms S60). I've used them a few times with the Volvo child seat as mentioned by danieljfduarte, its when the child seat is facing backwards, to strap it in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.