Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just waiting for news that my car is ready, hoping for 2 weeks from today though still no news from our fleet department and I'm climbing the walls!!!!

Just itching to get my hands on the V40 as I've not seen any of them locally and want to cash in on the exclusivity whilst there are not many about:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pretty much the same here. Delivery to the dealer is the 30th...then a few extra days.... Have you tried reading the manual? That's good for passing a few days.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Miles203 said:
Pretty much the same here. Delivery to the dealer is the 30th...then a few extra days.... Have you tried reading the manual? That's good for passing a few days.
Lol:):) This is what I am doing the last 2 days... I practically know everything about the car but only the car is missing to do some "practice"...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Manual sounds like a good idea, thanks for the tip!!! Hopefully I will be more conversant with the car before I get the keys

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Starting to get annoyed now, as the original delivery date of 28th was missed, got a new date of 11th (tomorrow) but heard nothing so far so I am assuming that no news is bad news.

Looks like I am stuck with the 150000 mile 1 Series for a little longer worse luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just got an email from dealer saying my vehicle is due middle of January. That would be about nine weeks if it happens. Dealer says he'll update me after Christmas. That may (or may not) help with back to work blues! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, its been an interesting but less than fruitful week V40-wise, my car did not arrive on 11th latest as promised, I got a call on Weds 12th saying it was at Southampton and being transported to the dealership so would be ready for 14th then got a call on Friday 14th when it was supposed to arrive saying it was STILL at Southampton and there weren't enough car transporter drivers to get it delivered.

At that point I lost my temper and told them I could have driven to the factory and back in a shorter time and not to call me again until it had arrived for me to collect:mad:

Still waiting for that call...............................:huh::huh:

·
Registered
70 Posts
How annoying. Apart from the 'bunch of flowers' you normally get, they should honour you with some extra things from their gift catalogue. Frustrating now.....but it will be great when you get it. Hopefully soon!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
louisdoberman
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing