Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My V40 "infotainment" system plays movies on DVD - great!. However after a few minutes of playing with the satnav, even without the key inserted, it advises of power-down "in two minutes" and subsequently does so. I presume the same thing happens when playing media. What's the point of having a facility to watch DVDs ? -- I won't be doing so if I need to keep the engine running for an hour or more!

·
Registered
273 Posts
it comes up with a message to say, press a button or I will power down...or there's an option to increase it to 10 minutes...not sure, all answers are in the manual I'm sure...doesn't affect me

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found the answer?

I think I found the answer to this. When it stops you just start it again. (Obvious eh?) Maybe this is simply some kind of failsafe to make sure the system is never left on inadvertently for long periods when the car is unoccupied? Remains to be seen how much of a drain on the battery to watch a feature-length film this way - but cordless rechargeable DVD players with really quite small batteries can show a film so it should be OK . As my dealer was not much help I emailed Volvo UK Support on this, but it was too technical for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.