Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some daft questions, car is a D2 Lux with TFT screen, July 13 model.

1. If you have the lights on in auto mode, how do you know if theyve switched on?

Ok, i know there is a green light on the light switch but thats not easily visable when driving. (And i'm talking about if its not night time when you would see lights on the road but in heavy rain or similar). Normal dash would have a light bulb that illiminates it when lights are on, is there a digitla equivalent, althought its not been obvious to me.

The dash has a symbol saying the wipers are in automode. I thought the gear stick might illiminate but i think thats on all the time anyway.

2. How do you reset the mileage on the trip counter, the menu gives option to reset ie delete average miles or mpg but not reset the mileage to zero.

3. Can you do a single wipe on the rear wiper? The switch is either intermittant or on, or push forward for a wash wipe?

4. Did I imagine this but is the glove box a cooler? Theres a lever inside with a frost symbol, what happens if you pull this out?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Didn't know about the light on the light switch, will look closer next time. Agree that a little light in the dash would be good. Had difficulty with a quick flash of the lights when in auto light mode and with the auto on/off full beam setting on. Cancelled the auto on/off and a headlight flash much easier to perform now.

Not sure about your other questions and as for the glovebox cooler, I've also yet to correctly work out how to switch on the option.

·
Registered
395 Posts
1. If you have the lights on in auto mode, how do you know if theyve switched on?

No other way. Bizarre I know. This has been raised here before.

2. How do you reset the mileage on the trip counter, the menu gives option to reset ie delete average miles or mpg but not reset the mileage to zero.

Select the trip counter and then hold down the wheel until it re-sets.

3. Can you do a single wipe on the rear wiper? The switch is either intermittant or on, or push forward for a wash wipe?

No - you cant.

4. Did I imagine this but is the glove box a cooler? Theres a lever inside with a frost symbol, what happens if you pull this out?

Pull the lever and when the air-con is on the glove-box cools.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
On the TFT digital display, it can't be that difficult to do a software update to show you have daylights, mains, brights on. Only brights shows when it is on.

Reactions: denn1s
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.