Volvo V40 Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
A single (offside) fog light is pretty normal in the UK. If you have 2 they must match.

·
Registered
524 Posts
All my previous cars had 1 rear fog, but only because on the other symmetric side, it was the reverse light! And conseqently, only 1 reverse light. Speaking of which, assuming V40s have 2 reverse lights? I always thought they fit both rear fog bulbs and holders there, and depending if we are in UK or Europe, they would activate the 'correct' side single rear fog.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I would think the cost-cutters would ensure nothing superfluous was fitted.....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well seems ok with just one it passed m.o.t some reading on all m.o.t reg's websites I can only find ref to one light
. Number:One
2. Position–
(a) Longitudinal:
At or near the rear of the vehicle
(b) Lateral–
(i)Where one rear fog lamp is fitted:
On the centre-line or off side of the vehicle (disregarding any sidecar forming part of a motor bicycle combination)
(ii)Where two lamps are fitted:No requirement
(c) Vertical–
(i)Maximum height above the ground–
(A)Any vehicle not covered by sub-paragraph (B):
1000 mm

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bumping an old thread back to life here.

My 2017 R-Design only illuminates the O/S (right) fog lamp. The N/S (left) lamp does not illuminate, yet strangely is actually fitted with a bulb!

I don't want to just McGyver it by running a wire from O/S to N/S to make the N/S one work in case it damages something without checking: Has anyone done this before?

-T
Same with my LHD 2017 V40, had bulb fitted to RHS but doesn't work. Garage told me I had to go to Volvo Dealer so that they could programme it, assume this is with VIDA?

·
Registered
2017 R Design D2
439 Posts
The amount of enquiries over the years that started "I need a bulb, for the fog light" Yes sir, the left one is it...
The other popular one was "I've got a crack in the drivers mirror, how much are they to replace"

·
Registered
8 Posts
The amount of enquiries over the years that started "I need a bulb, for the fog light" Yes sir, the left one is it...
The other popular one was "I've got a crack in the drivers mirror, how much are they to replace"
I am new to Volvov40 Club, not sure your reply had any benefit apart from maybe sarcasm at my post! 🤨

·
Registered
2017 R Design D2
439 Posts
I enjoy discussion!! The reply to your post was maybe slightly "off topic" but still relevant to the fog light story, cars only having one working foglight and needing to go to a dealer. The discussion had already covered the topic so didn't feel any value in repeating the bits about adding wires, the 2016 loom etc. apologies if you felt any sarcasm:) Hey, its a good place to be for information...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts