Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
To cut a long story short on Christmas Eve someone scraped my car and failed to stop however I've got his details so I'm going to claim off his insurence . I've taken it to the body shop and they gave quoted £1250 to fix it. Just thought I'd ask how much would you value my car at its a 51 plate v40 , 117,000 on the clock , 1.8 petrol body was in good condition !
I've got an engineer from my insurence coming on Monday , I believe they use the parks guide to pricing? To be honest given the age of tge car i want it written off as I don't want to be stuck with a cat C
Regards
Jay

·
Registered
718 Posts
This is not really the right forum to ask as it is for the new V40. However, when my better half's car was written off I checked on Autotrader for similar cars. Once I had a reasonable average I managed to negotiate a better deal with the insurance company. Whether yours is written off or not depends on the insurance assessor. He will assess the value of your car, using Glass's guide or similar.

Is this similar?
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...2/postcode/po107qe/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.