Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I'm thinking of ordering a V40 Inscription in Denim Blue and choosing blond leather for the seats. I've had black/charcoal leather in previous cars, and it's always stayed looking very good, but I'm wondering if the pale option is likely to mark too easily. Can anyone who's had blond leather advise whether this is a problem, and/or recommend any anti-staining potions that would be worth applying from new.
Thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi bcl
Have a look at the last few posts in the thread entitled Agony Of Choice. You will find a few differing opinions on there. Btw, P10G Blonde is a great colour.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the steer . Reassuringly there doesn't seem to be anyone saying it marks horrendously, and I do think it looks nice with the blue and gives the interior a light and airy feel.

Still open to any other opinions, and also any recommendations for effective leather protector treatments.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes it was me who posted about the blonde leather earlier. General consensus is it's pretty good & keeps in good nick so long as you treat it & clean it regularly. And don't wear jeans... I'm going for it anyway & I do 25k + miles per year so wish me luck!

Also my Alfa GTV V6 has a cream leather interior. It's done 75k miles & it looks in great condition ... but again it does involve elbow grease, leather cleaner etc every few weeks to keep the seats clean & looking great. You don't need to do this anywhere near as much with black or dark leather.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have owned a cross country with the two tone blonde / grey seats for almost three years now and have had no trouble at all apart from getting a bit grubby but a quick wipe with a leather cleaner cloth soon sorts it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The only seats I would personally avoid are the beige / blonde fabric seats. These I imagine would be a nightmare to keep clean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts