Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loving it so far. Can't believe how smooth it is in normal driving. In stop start traffic can't even tell if it is running or not except when the start / stop kiks in and out. Just pootling around feels turbine smooth even when revving out. I know the two litre four cylinder is coming, but happy to pay a bit more in fuel to have that engine sound and character lol. Love how on start up it sits on 1500 rpm for a few minutes with a nice dirty burble out the back. I've had V8's, V6's, straight sixes and fours, and so far like this one the best - except for the good old Nissan RB26 in the GTR. Hope to enjoy many more happy kilometres. It almost feels diesel like (apart form the sound) at low revs with the torque but is still happy to rev out easily. I'm sure it will be missed when it is gone.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Agree, although haven't picked mine up yet, I test drove it 3 times and absolutely loved the drive.
I just cant understand all the rave reviews on the Merc A200/250 Merc CLA, VW GTI and Audi A3, when the V40T5-R in my opinion is the best drive and best value for money out of them all. I test drove them all including the BMW 125i and hands down the V40 was the most luxurious and best handling, felt solid and it was the most powerful of them all (just)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm the same TCOB the Merc's are way overpriced, Audi is only 1.8 in that price range and wouldn't even look at VW after their reliability issues.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Stunned at how smooth it is - I needed something that was AWD, but still fun to drive. Couldn't face being an Audi driver and as soon as I saw the V40 I knew I wanted one.

Hoping I can improve on the fuel economy once I'm a bit more bored of playing with the acceleration!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.