·
Registered
85 Posts
Unbelievable What a dip stick, I also hope you have No damage,

Reactions: Kev

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
That is moments you need to take a baseball bat like Ray Donovan and break some windscreens :)

Reactions: Marc and Kev

·
Registered
382 Posts
Sorry Kev, I didn't notice how close the car was parked as I was dazzled by the beautiful tow bar assembly on the Skoda!

·
Registered
202 Posts
That is just disrespectful.

In some places drivers who find badly parked vehicles react more strongly, like the dude in this video

·
Registered
40 Posts
I see Skoda have the same park assist system as Volvo - see (2 mins 40 secs) ;)
. I prefer the Jason Plato method nearer the end of the test (4 mins 20 secs).

With vandalism you can only hope they get their come upance later in life when they have something decent, but to leave their car resting on another is just the action of a complete arse :( and he wouldn't see sense if you waited for him. Hope there's no damage.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I know some think I have been lucky with my V40, not having 1 problem with the car from new.

Well, as luck would have it, my V40 took no damage. Not even one scratch. The weight of the Skoda rested on the black trim at the bottom of the bumper. When I first pulled the car away from the Skoda it had a slight indent in the trim. 100 miles later this had returned to its normal shape.

Not a lot I could have done I guess? At the end of the day, I was pretty lucky to come out with no damage. :)

It is annoying though. But thats life I guess. I won't let it get me down! :)

Shite Skoda driver though!!!!!!!! Its good that shite gets through the swear filter for moments like this! :)

Thanks for the support guys!!!!!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
These are the situations when a tow bar is handy :)
Spot on mhron
I have an old Cherokee Jeep with a heavy duty towbar & hitch on the back. Surprisingly, other drivers always leave a decent gap when parked up behind it......

Reactions: Yellowbelly

·
Registered
39 Posts
I may be playing devils advocate but it is in all possibility that the skoda driver parked a reasonable distance away and when they had left the car crept forward to rest on the v40. I only say this as I cannot for the life of me imagine anyone intentionally leaving there car like that. I mean it must have taken a concerted effort to leave it like that and why would you?

I also have experienced my v40 creeping down a hill when the handbrake appeared to be fully on (one click away from fully on which took some force to achieve) I was just lucky that no one was behind me. I am guessing it had something to do with the brakes cooling down after a period and releasing the brakes enough for it to roll.

Although saying that the person could just be a ****.

Shite indeed!! (purely for the fact I can say it!!!) :) but I'm glad there was no damage.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well let's just say when I left my car on this hill before the Skoda I took a few precautions. Turned front wheels to the curb. Left the car in reverse gear. I am sure the Skoda did creep forwards on the hand brake. Not knocking the Skoda. But it's easy to prevent this kind of stuff with a few basic precautions? :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.