Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I'm new here.

Yesterday it was raining A LOT, i couldn't see anything and i just went onver a curb. I was driving very slow, literally barely moving. When i passed over that supposed curb (didn't struggle too much to pass over it) heared scraping noises from under the car. I've immediatly stopped to check if everything was alright and if a damaged something important. I took some photos, checked if oil was leaking (kinda hard to notice but it looked alright), checked if gears were switching alright (0 issues, they are as smooth as ever). Then i decided to drive home (about 10/15 km from wherew that happened). The car was, and still is driving smooth, no weird noises, gears shift smoothly and it doesn't shake or vibrate (tesed both lower and higher speed, about 120km/h). One last thing i have to mention is that the curb was perfectly flat (i didnt hit something sharp or pointy). The only damage i could fount are these scrape marks.

I've already made and appointment for tommorrow, to get everything checked.

Sorry if i didn't introduce myself, but i'm really anxious 馃槄 and i wanted to know what do you guys think, could come important component get damaged frome something like that?

Registered
Hi guys, I'm new here.

Yesterday it was raining A LOT, i couldn't see anything and i just went onver a curb. I was driving very slow, literally barely moving. When i passed over that supposed curb (didn't struggle too much to pass over it) heared scraping noises from under the car. I've immediatly stopped to check if everything was alright and if a damaged something important. I took some photos, checked if oil was leaking (kinda hard to notice but it looked alright), checked if gears were switching alright (0 issues, they are as smooth as ever). Then i decided to drive home (about 10/15 km from wherew that happened). The car was, and still is driving smooth, no weird noises, gears shift smoothly and it doesn't shake or vibrate (tesed both lower and higher speed, about 120km/h). One last thing i have to mention is that the curb was perfectly flat (i didnt hit something sharp or pointy). The only damage i could fount are these scrape marks.

I've already made and appointment for tommorrow, to get everything checked.

Sorry if i didn't introduce myself, but i'm really anxious 馃槄 and i wanted to know what do you guys think, could come important component get damaged frome something like
Sorry to hear about this, hope it's just superficial damage. I can't figure out what part of the car the scratches are on from the picture? If it's just the undertray, you should be fine. If it's the sills/beams, a quick spray of underbody seal/paint should fix it. You could risk long term corrosion otherwise.

Registered
I've done this a couple of times. I had the initial panic, of NOooooo how do I fix it.

2 years on, I don't see it and now not worry about it.

Registered
Will get many more superficial scrapes over life of ownership.
Only be concerned when things are buckled and bent severely.
Save your money on getting it checked out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts