there are 18 inch rims underneath of monaco gp2

I had the roof blackened and the windows too

mirror caps also blackened

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
correct yes the D2 has no geartronic but an aisin gearbox 🤪
This Aisin box is called the geartronic in Volvo language. When the V40 was still equipped with the Ford engines, the auto box was the powershift which was not from Aisin.
I also have this 6-speed geartronic in my T4. Though the tuner was very careful and did not want go over 375Nm because the max continuous torque for this box is 300Nm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This Aisin box is called the geartronic in Volvo language. When the V40 was still equipped with the Ford engines, the auto box was the powershift which was not from Aisin.
I also have this 6-speed geartronic in my T4. Though the tuner was very careful and did not want go over 375Nm because the max continuous torque for this box is 300Nm.
hmmz that's weird rica tuning told me something else and that the gearbox can handle it just fine, I have specifically asked about the nm for the gearbox, they said it is fine

·
Registered
354 Posts
In your first post you said that also the gearbox was tuned. Just checked this at the website from RICA, and indeed they offer Aisin tuning for the TF-71 and TG-81 gearboxes. This is great, and only costs 330 euro.
Can you describe the difference before and after this gearbox tuning?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Interesting that an independent tuner can do that; the Polestar tuning (not sure if it's available on that model) generally includes gearbox tuning on automatics as well.
I believe it generally does two things:
1. Increases the speed of changes; something I think I can sense but there's no loss of smoothness.
2. Adjusts the change points so that they're more appropriate to the revised power/torque curve.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In your first post you said that also the gearbox was tuned. Just checked this at the website from RICA, and indeed they offer Aisin tuning for the TF-71 and TG-81 gearboxes. This is great, and only costs 330 euro.
Can you describe the difference before and after this gearbox tuning?
of course I do. what I notice is that he sticks better in revs and upshifts better than before. what I do notice is that the sport mode after the rica stage 2 tuning has no added value anymore. the D position really gives the best experience. me EGR valve is closed and I no longer have a speed limiter of 190 km per hour. back to the gearbox tuning, it shifts up and down better and stays better in revs

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting that an independent tuner can do that; the Polestar tuning (not sure if it's available on that model) generally includes gearbox tuning on automatics as well.
I believe it generally does two things:
1. Increases the speed of changes; something I think I can sense but there's no loss of smoothness.
2. Adjusts the change points so that they're more appropriate to the revised power/torque curve.
I have indeed been in contact with volvo and the polestar tuning. they told me that the tuning does not apply to this model, later had contact with rica who have a lot of experience with volvo tuning and said that a lot was possible for this
engine block and gearbox. notices that he is a lot more economical to drive

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this is an email that i received from rica

The D2 can be tuned to 177hp and 425Nm.
We have a lot of experience with these models, and we see no limitations with these gearboxes and engines.
The engine is basically a D4 and can handle the extra power without any problems.

If you ask me, it is really useful, you get 57hp and 145Nm of torque and you will really notice this.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Will you be putting some better tyres on it sometime soon? Perhaps of the GoodYear / Michelin kind?

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have checked with RICA, and they say the gearbox tuning is independent of engine tuning. So if my engine is already tuned, I can add their gearbox tuning without any problem. Interesting...:)

·
Registered
520 Posts
"Landsail" probably wont be the best for 425nm 😕
Didn't want to say that directly...but yea...I remember on my first 2.0TDI (VAG), even Bridgestone Turranza ER300 spun up with 320Nm.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts