Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has already tried, thought or researched how to add illuminated cup holders to v40. Would be a cool small hack that would make the car more elegant.
S60 with illuminated cup holders:

Most probably S60 cup holder will not fit v40?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@JohnieBraaf seems you are a lot better in researching the web (y)
But how should this be lighted up. Is there another piece needed?

EDIT: Probably part number 31377895

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Part 31377894 ordered and should show up at local dealer in 4-5 business days. Price was about 35€.
Let's hope it fits the V40 :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Guys, I don't think it will work for our V40's - the part clips into an LED light (similar to how the hammer LED day-time running lights function - there isn't any LED to spool the light into that part :/

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys, I don't think it will work for our V40's - the part clips into an LED light (similar to how the hammer LED day-time running lights function - there isn't any LED to spool the light into that part :/
You are correct, there isn't any LED to light up the part. But why not add the LED then ;)
The only question is if the part 31377894 Light Guide will physically fit. If it fit's physically then I'm not worried about the LED. There is a 12V socket next to it, the easiest would be to add one high intensity led and power it from 12V.

Thought I'm going to try to make it work together with all other illuminations in the car and also maybe make it dimmable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You are correct, there isn't any LED to light up the part. But why not add the LED then ;)
The only question is if the part 31377894 Light Guide will physically fit. If it fit's physically then I'm not worried about the LED. There is a 12V socket next to it, the easiest would be to add one high intensity led and power it from 12V.

Thought I'm going to try to make it work together with all other illuminations in the car and also maybe make it dimmable.
haha! fair enough! I looks **** awesome!! Maybe if you have a friend who has a 3D printer, they could make the part for you?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do happen to have a 3D printer myself and it would not be the first part I have printed for my V40.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts