Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else heard that Volvo might withdraw this?

I was told by my dealer that there is an investigation as this could be considered a distraction - he was just forewarning me that it could potentially be withdrawn before my car is delivered.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I have the illuminated gear knob in my car, and it certainly isn't a distraction. It also doesn't illuminate that much, just enough to see where 1, 2, 3 etc is.

The new S60, V60, XC60, 2014 models are all getting the new goodies from the V40 range, digital clocks etc.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree. For this to be a distraction, you must be staring at it and not the road. It does not illuminate anywhere near enough. I think it is a nice touch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
V40 D3 R-Design Lux. Rebel Blue, Auto Dim Mirror, Memory seats/mirrors, Lux winter pack, DAB radio, Rear Camera, Privacy Glass, Floor divider.

·
Registered
214 Posts
No distraction at all..

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No Illumination

Well went to visit my new car in the lot today, and .......no illumination on the gearknob.

It's an R-Design, so that was a standard feature.

Dissapointed :-/:-/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well went to visit my new car in the lot today, and .......no illumination on the gearknob.

Thats wierd.
I have the illuminated gearknob in my R-design that I pickt up just over a week ago and its the 2014 model.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats wierd.
I have the illuminated gearknob in my R-design that I pickt up just over a week ago and its the 2014 model.
I'm wondering if it's purely because mine is a powershift. Mind you, I am basing this on what I saw yesterday. I have to bear in mind the car has not been PDI'd or anything, and still needs a few software updates - the remote key fob was not even programmed to open the car yet.

We will know for sure on the 16th July :)

·
Premium Member
630 Posts

It only comes on certain options, when you take the extra sport pack, you automatically get it. When you go to the accessories page, you will see you can add it on as an extra, same with the daylight running light, if you have the base model, you can add it.

Not to sure with the R-Design, would have thought it comes as standard

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just looked at the dutch Volvo site and it still appears as an available option.

It's option number 884 and it costs 35 euro.

Regards

1 - 13 of 13 Posts