Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I've noticed a little bright red spec has appeared on my screen. when I change the screen to either radio, My car, phone etc it is still there. Although it's just a small dot it is very bright and spoils the whole look of the display. What should I do? Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take it to your dealer I suppose. Sounds annoying. You still in warranty?
Yes I'm still in warranty only about 6000km on the clock. Someone said it might be a frozen pixel. Really spoils the look of the screen and of course my eye is automatically drawn to it every time I look at the screen. It's amazing how something so small can be so annoying. I'll call the dealer tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I telephoned the dealer and they told me they would need to take the car in for a day or so to check it out, because of work commitments I was unable to take time out. In the meantime my son who works as a computer programmer told me to try placing the rounded end of a bic biro over the lit pixel and gently put light pressure on it for about five seconds and it worked. The lit pixel disappeared and that was a week ago. If it comes back I'll book it in for a check-up.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
What is a bic biro?

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Ah Bic Pen, hehe, we also have those in Africa, lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ah Bic Pen, hehe, we also have those in Africa, lol
The ones we get over here at our local ASDA or Morrisons are all labelled product of the Republic of South Africa ...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Bic ball-point pen. Very basic design with no moving parts. One end has the ball-point and the other a plastic plug. I assume it was the blunt end used . .. . .:p
One moving part. The ball point.

:sleepy:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.