Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just having an issue with my V40 at the moment. It’s a 2014 nav model with the amp under the passenger seat.

While driving it a couple of days ago the centre display just died - completely blank including the climate control part and the music I was streaming over Bluetooth stopped. The Bluetooth is no longer working and neither is the power to the USB socket in the armrest.

I’ve checked fuses 15 and 24 under the drivers seat among others (“infotainment control unit” and “Primary fuse for infotainment” and they are both fine. Tried leaving the fuse out to reset the ICM, no luck.

I’ve checked and the power plug at the back of the display is getting 12V where it should so at this point, I am suspecting the display/ICM to be at fault, does that sound correct? Anything else I should try?

I would assume that if the display was working, it would at least display something or the backlight would come on but it’s completely dead, but any other ideas on how to sort this welcome before I go down the road of getting that repaired.

thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My screen started working again today - I didn’t change anything, I’d just had the screen out of the car for a few days, plugged it back in and it’s come back on again.
One thing I did note was that when the display stopped working, the fibre connection going into the back of the display was off. The time I plugged it in and it started working again, it was lit up red. Which module is it that would control that side of things as it could be a loose connection somewhere? Have already reseated the ones in the head unit behind the centre console.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts