Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably just a "feature" but I'm hoping it's a setting I've missed somewhere. When I switch off the engine and remove the key from the dash, the infotainment system stays powered up and music playing, etc. It only stops and shuts down when I open the door. Is that normal or is there any way to change it so the system turns off when I switch the engine off? MY2017 car with Nav Plus.

Thanks!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Normal. I don't think it can be changed. Never been a problem so I haven't investigated.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You can turn off the system by pushing in the on/off button and holding it in until the system goes blank. But, it sometimes comes on again as soon as you switch the ignition on again. A quick push and release of the button puts it into 'mute'.

·
Registered
729 Posts
It will shut off after 10 minutes too if you wait in the car :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks guys. I've been using the mute feature after switching the engine off before getting out. Not ideal in my opinion but I'll just have to get used to it!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok thanks guys. I've been using the mute feature after switching the engine off before getting out. Not ideal in my opinion but I'll just have to get used to it!
Can I ask your reasoning for this?

I'm just curious. I actually think this is a great feature -- when I'm picking people up, it's nice to still have the music while I wait for them. Even when I'm on my own, it's still nice to have the music while I sort my stuff out, put the parking permit up, etc.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I can see that side of it too. I think for me it's just that every car I've ever owned, when you switch the ignition off completely and withdraw the key, all accessories are off. It's just something I'm used to. I mentioned it to the dealer earlier today while I happened to be there and he confirmed that's just how it is.

No big deal as I said, just something new to adjust to.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Yeah I can see that side of it too. I think for me it's just that every car I've ever owned, when you switch the ignition off completely and withdraw the key, all accessories are off. It's just something I'm used to. I mentioned it to the dealer earlier today while I happened to be there and he confirmed that's just how it is.

No big deal as I said, just something new to adjust to.
The radio stays on after the key is withdrawn until the car detects the driver's door has been opened. If you want the radio to turn off while you are sat in the car with the key removed from the dash, open and close the driver's door .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts