Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my MY17 2.0 D2 117k miles, went into my local dealer to have the dog guard fitted and part of all that they gave the car a health check as they do. They reported back to me it had a stored fault code relating to the inlet manifold and will need to be changed as part of the recall scheme, obviously no cost to me, can't find much about it on here, what's involved with this and why and what parts do they changed? They say it's quite a large job.

Jason

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anyone?

I remember there was a global warning at 1st and mention of them devloping a fix. They when i took my car in for service they told me they addressed it with software update, no need to change the part.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I remember there was a global warning at 1st and mention of them devloping a fix. They when i took my car in for service they told me they addressed it with software update, no need to change the part.
That's interesting, I've also had the update and when I took it in the first thing they done was to look at the manifold as I saw them through the see through wall. Service manager then came in and told about the potential risks and offered the exchange manifold and flaps kit paid for by Volvo. I've read a FEW episodes on here where they did get an exchange and the car hasn't been right afterwards or they have found other work so I'm not sure weather to go through with it or not. It hasn't gone into flames over the last 117k which is what I told them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just had the warranty work done, they said they have changed quite a few so might be worth checking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts