Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

can someone advise what the small purple light is for on the front interior light switch, I have looked in the manual but cannot see what’s it’s for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
it is ....i have the same in my v40 and it says ambient lighting in the settings and when i change the lights on it it changed the colours

·
Registered
114 Posts
You can change the colour in menu settings as above,or set it too change colour with the ambient temp change in the car,but if you leave climate on Auto once it's warmed up or down it doesn't change much,if you dim the panel lights it dims as well,as do the footwell lights and door pocket lights if you have them,if it's really dark the light illuminates the area around gear lever \ panel.

·
Registered
285 Posts
what snowman said, in really dark places (ie unlit country roads) it provides a pool of light over the gear lever. I think there are 7 colours to chose from and a temperature related options that goes from blue to orange as the car heats up

Reactions: saintbri

·
Registered
285 Posts
Also, not everyone realises, that if you push and hold the buttons for the map lights they come on but then get dimmer as you hold the button.

Reactions: saintbri

·
Registered
72 Posts
Map lights??
He means the reading-lights in the roof which also light up when you shut of the car. Those can dim too.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Reactions: 90sbaby

·
Registered
416 Posts
Oh yes, it's the ambient light, you can dim these with in conjunction to the instrument lights, few colour selections too. You can do this via the car menu. Likewise you can also dim the reading lights, but I don't think you can dim the rear seat lights, I could be wrong. Anyone know if these are LEDs or regular bulbs? The colour spectrum suggests LED, but may just be regular bulbs as when they go off, they fade then off.

You guys are going to laugh, but only today I've seen the seat belt / airbag off diplay above the rear view mirror only yesterday, guess I never sit in the rear to notice that...haha..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

can someone advise what the small purple light is for on the front interior light switch, I have looked in the manual but cannot see what’s it’s for. View attachment 17203
Thanks everyone for the comments, my 2017 V40 in Australia does so much.. I have not seen the ambient light settings have any effect, but maybe it needs to be dark. I also just leave the headlights on Auto.. does that minimise the choices? Keep the hidden features coming, it’s great.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks everyone for the comments, my 2017 V40 in Australia does so much.. I have not seen the ambient light settings have any effect, but maybe it needs to be dark. I also just leave the headlights on Auto.. does that minimise the choices? Keep the hidden features coming, it’s great.
There is a whole thread of hidden features if you search for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts