Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

does anybody experience problems lately with the Internet maps service? Whenever I set destination and when route gets calculated I get message that there isn't internet connection (which is wrong, car is connected and POI and address search works fine together with other internet services, e.g. TuneIn). Also I don't get map shown on display.

Thanks,

L

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same experience as you. The applications work, but the maps do not download and give me the error. Have you managed to fix it? . By the way, I have a V40. It would be nice for someone to help us

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No fix yet. I contacted local Volvo agent with question is there any problem with the service reported from Volvo, because my assumption was that nothing is wrong with the app in the car, rather some service parameters changed (I guess it is Here web/cloud service). The (expected) answer was that a dealer needs to run car diagnostic - didn't have time yet to get there. I guess I will wait for regular maintenance due in June. Additionally, before that started to happen, all Internet map app parameters got reset.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I have exactly the same problem on v60. ALready asked the dealer but... he has no idea! Might the problem be telephone type/adjustments related???

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved by itself. Maps work now. Only thing that could have influence on it is the fact that recently I had dead car battery - it might be that some of the settings got reset due to electricity loss, or the app service provider did fix on the back-end side in meantime.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know from logging into their website that Here have changed the name of their map service and the web address for it has changed too. Maybe that has affected it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could be the case, but now it works normally without any patch on my side. Maybe they rolled back some service params in order to avoid hassle with end customers. You know how it works in IT, first do, then fix. ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts