Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from South Africa!

I'm looking at maybe buying a V40 T5 and have a few questions - which is why I'm here.

I've got a 2012 C30 T5 R Design Geartronic and previously had a 2008 C30 T5 R Design manual. My current only has the Polestar software and my previous had an Evolve intercooler and software.

Quicker than the auto - but less smooth

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi! :)

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Ja boet, welkom. :) Waar in SA is jy?

I have driven the new T5, ****, it is quick, not sure how the Golf 7 Gti compares, haven't been in one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm JHB - Northriding actually. Yourself?

Yea the C30s performance weren't that great -I think it lost power between the engine and the wheels ... perhaps the old school gearbox?

With Polestar 184kw/370nm torque a standard GTI would run past from 100km/h ... and the gap would get larger the entire way. I'd hope the V40 T5 could do better ;)

I've just learnt of the new engines around July though ... nice!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I am in Bromhof, close the SPAR in CR Swart.

Saw a nice blue polestar C30 on Saturday going past West Rand Volvo

·
Registered
227 Posts
well my office is in northriding sorry to disapoint but the V4O T5 is a snail it cant keep up with anything Golf 6 /7 will kill it new ford st drops it ,even the new ford festa stays with it , yes its faster then some cars but needs 30 kw more just to make it move .but its not a hot hatch and is not marketed as one

you are more then welcome to come for a drive my office is in felstead rd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.