Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner got her D2 R design a few weeks ago. I see a few other comments on here about issues with connectivity & streaming music. We have an ipod classic we use purely for the capacity of it but can`t connect it. Can anyone here confirm whether or not the aux socket has been deleted on 2014 vehicles? The dealer looked surprised it wasn`t there & said that they change things all the time, which I found to be most helpful. The handbook & 2014my brochure/price list both give the impression it`s fitted so we thought nothing about it when ordering the car It`s a bit annoying as I find the streaming with my iphone little better than useless. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. This is my problem. The brochure/ price list & owners manual give the impression it`s fitted. The manual shows it between the seats next to the usb input. I have the usb socket but no auxiliary socket.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appear to have been a complete idiot here. There is no aux socket fitted now for the simple reason that ipod / iphone playback is now over usb. I didn't think this was possible but it works. I was using a y lead but obviously this sends the sound output to the plug that goes into the aux socket on vehicles with that feature. Using the lightning cable all is good. Even my ipod classic works, although initially it wouldn`t. I think this was due to using a cheap, non genuine cable though. Maybe the owners manual should be updated to explain all this.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Maybe the owners manual should be updated to explain all this.
On page 70 of the MY14 Owners Manual it says

An external audio source, e.g. an iPod
® or
MP3 player, can be connected to the audio
system via any of the connections in the centre
console. An audio source connected to
the USB input can then be handled

with the
car's audio controls. A device connected via
the AUX input cannot be controlled via the
car.

Perhaps Volvo considers it's not safe for the driver to control an in-car iPod by any method other than via the car, and accordingly deleted the AUX input.​

·
Registered
4 Posts
Carrying on from the I Pod connection, is there list of MP3 players that are compatible with the Volvo Bluetooth system. I have a Bluetooth enabled Cowon MP3 which I cannot "pair up". I have found a list of compatible mobile phones but no MP3s!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an iPod touch. How long can I expect the battery to last when the iPod is used solely in my car,

That's a like asking how long is a piece of string I'm afraid.

and can the battery be replaced when it fails to hold its charge?

Yes it can be done but it is soldered in and you will need special plastic tool to remove screen first. The screen is quite fragile so unless you are confident it is probably better to have it done at a local repairer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.