Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 2014 D2 r design which I bought approx 4 months ago. Just recently I,ve noticed that in 3Rd or 4th gear the clutch seems to be slipping and only under power and I,ve noticed on the dash display that sometimes when I m in 5th but the display is showing 4th. Is this connected. Any advice would be much appreciated

·
Registered
70 Posts
Your clutch would be more likely to slip in 5th or 6th if you floor the accelerator.

Your problem with the gear indicator sounds more of an electrical issue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As above best way to see if your clutch is actually slipping is when going slow put it into 6th fully depress gas pedal, obviously nothing should happen but if your clutch is slipping the engine will rev up then settle, don't do it over and over again!!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
One sure way to check clutch slip, apply handbrake and try to pull away, the torque on your diesel you'll soon know if it's biting.
Don't be too enthusiastic though. gently does it with much groaning from the back brakes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. I have a 2014 D2 r design which I bought approx 4 months ago. Just recently I,ve noticed that in 3Rd or 4th gear the clutch seems to be slipping and only under power and I,ve noticed on the dash display that sometimes when I m in 5th but the display is showing 4th. Is this connected. Any advice would be much appreciated
Hi Jimmy,

I am currently experiencing this problem you have explainrd here. Have you found the problem for this, if so, what was it??

Some people are saying its the clutch, others saying its an electrical fault.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Many times I have wondered if the dashboard readings of which gear is engaged are actually calculated.
I tried to look at the gear box(manual) to see if there I can find some "sensor", but I didn't find anything similar.
Also, I noticed, that gear number on the dashboard is displayed later, only when you release the clutch pedal, even the gear box already is switched to the new gear position.
It looks like, that that thing is calculated as "car speed"/"engine revs" ratio.
And I bet that this is not an electrical problem, but pure mechanical clutch slipping problem. : )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts