• No no no - I've owned a Volvo before

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The v40 is my first Volvo, but from en introductions I’ve read, it seems I’m not the only one. Is this the first time you bought one, or have your garage been packed with 240s, 740s and S80?

I was considering the BMW-1 series, Audi A3 and the Alfa Romeo Guilietta, but nothing could match the V40!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Long list of Volvo's here..

First car - Volvo 343 DL
Volvo 440 GLT Injection
Volvo V40 Europe/Sport edition
Volvo C30 Kinetic
Volvo C30 R-Edition

And now another Volvo V40

·
Registered
31 Posts
It is going to be my first one although over the years I liked quite a few different Volvo models. So this time I have decided to get one...

·
Registered
48 Posts
V40 is my third car and first Volvo. Previously I was driving a Toyota Auris and my first car was a Fiat Punto :blush:. I didn’t necessarily need a new car right now but after seeing the first pictures of the V40 and finding out more and more information about it during the summer I wanted one so badly I didn’t even seriously consider any other alternatives.

My dad has been driving a Volvo for the past ten years (a V70 and two XC70s) and I said to him many times I’d never buy a Volvo as it’s an old man’s car. Luckily Volvo made a car for young adults before I got old ;).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sidiwalker said:
My V40 will be my first Volvo!

I had 3 Hyundaï Coupé, 1 Nissan Primera, 1 Citroën Saxo, 1 Mazda RX7 and now a Mazda3.
Hi

This will be my third Volvo.

Used to have 440 SXi and then the S40 and both have been very very reliable

·
Registered
21 Posts
My first Volvo was a S40 bought new in 2009.
I traded it in for a Audi A1 Sportback in March 2012.
I was not happy with the Audi and traded it in on the V40 I now have.
I am very happy with the V40 D2 SE Nav and even though I lost out on the trade in of the Audi, I am glad I traded it in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The V40 will be my third cars, but my first Volvo! I've had a Toyota Corolla G6 and a Mazda RX-8. I'm looking forward to drive it!
My dad own a XC90, and my uncle an old 880 :) I've always loved Volvo, but like PeteS I thought it was an old man's car ^^ (except for the C30) and now the V40 just change my mind :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
My cars: starting with my mums that I drove after passing my test at 18...

Vauxhall Victor (2.3 litre).
Vauxhall Chevette
Fiat Uno
Fiat Punto
Renault Laguna
Vauxhall Zafira
Volkswagen Golf
Ford Grand C-Max

I've liked all my cars but never really obsessed, I fear however that I'm going to fall for my V40 :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
My first Volvo, previous list of cars...
Vauxhall Chevette
Austin Metro
Austin Maestro (ok I'm not proud of it)
Vauxhall Cavalier
Ford Orion
Ford Probe (no comment)
Golf GT TDI
Audi A4 Avant
BMW 5 series
BMW 1 series (family grew up so I downsized!)
Volvo V40 D2 (also have that feeling it won't be my last volvo ;-p)

·
Registered
17 Posts
My first Volvo,but I have quite a lot of Volvo experience from earlier.
My parents had a 06 XC70 Ocean Race, and i used it as if it was mine for a year. Nice car with a 185hp D5, and adjustable suspension.

Other than that, I drove trucks and buses for a living for 10 years, and Volvo being the biggest name in trucking here in Norway, I'm pretty sure I've done at least half a million km in various models.

Since others have posted previous car history, I thought I'd do the same. Although, at 34, and with a with a nasty tendency of changing cars all the time in my younger years, this will take some time to read through.. sorry about that..:D

-86 Opel Ascona
-83 BMW 323i
-98 Opel Vectra (company car)
-89 BMW 325I
-85 Mazda 929HT
-93 Toyota Celica
-94 BMW 540IA
-99 BMW 328IA
-99 BMW 528IA
-02 BMW 330ci
-06 Audi A4
-92 BMW 320IA
-00 BMW 323I
-96 Mitsubishi Galant
-06 BMW 325D
-01 Subaru Legacy

So.. quite a mix there. With pretty much always a BMW in the garage, and something japanese as a number 2 car. Sold the 325D well over a year ago, and have been driving the Legacy every day since.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This one will be my 5th, my Volvo fleet so far is as follows:

3 off Original V40s 1996 to 2002
1 off V70 2010
V40 D2 SE Lux with Winter Pack and TFT Dispaly (On Order, Still waiting..............:mad:)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
32 Participants
DLN
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing