Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst my V40 D2 2014 was at the dealers, I had this as a loan vehicle.
Does anyone know whether the trim under the hatch is available as a separate item and will it fit my car?
Stupidly I forgot to ask whilst at the dealers!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do believe the bumper protector is available from main dealers as I’m sure I read about them on another forum
Don’t think they were cheap, about £130 or there abouts
Only fitted to cc model
I would love a set for my R design but not want to spend that sort of money

·
Registered
69 Posts
Do believe the bumper protector is available from main dealers as I’m sure I read about them on another forum
Don’t think they were cheap, about £130 or there abouts
Only fitted to cc model
I would love a set for my R design but not want to spend that sort of money
RGA make a plastic one in black, grey or carbon effect. I have the black one fitted to my car and actually prefer it over the genuine Volvo accessory, which is narrower and far too blingy for my taste.

Just an example - you can get them from different suppliers.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RGA make a plastic one in black, grey or carbon effect. I have the black one fitted to my car and actually prefer it over the genuine Volvo accessory, which is narrower and far too blingy for my taste.

Just an example - you can get them from different suppliers.
Hi RS3100, any chance of a photo please?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's a photo in the link I pasted above. Is that any good?
oops, sorry. Does it just stick on or utilise some existing bolts or self tapping screws as suggested in the advert?

·
Registered
69 Posts
oops, sorry. Does it just stick on or utilise some existing bolts or self tapping screws as suggested in the advert?
I can't remember whether the top edge is secured under the bumper fixings at either side of the hatch aperture, and I'm nowhere near my car to check. But it has very strong double sided fixing tape on the underside. Mine's been on the car nearly three years now and is still completely secure with no warping or lifting at all. It's a good quality moulding that follows the bumper contours perfectly. The black version has a slightly textured finish that matches the other black plastics on the car, e.g. the door mirror mounts. The silver version is smooth with a more glossy finish.

I contacted RGA who are the manufacturer before I bought mine and they sent me samples of the different colours. They're based in Leighton Buzzard I think so you should be able to Google a phone number. They do sell direct but I found a few internet suppliers who were cheaper. I got mine online from Carnoissuer in Dunstable. I don't know if they're still around.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks chaps .. must admit this is the one I was seriously considering before I saw the one on the V40CC.
As there are no 'silver bits' on the rear of my vehicle, I will go for the RCA one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts