Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Volvo V40 T2 R Design Pro
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Apologies for the long message but new to the forum.

I’ve recently bought a second hand V40 2018 R-Design Pro model and recently the central screen started having issues. All of a sudden, screen started showing vertical lines flickering and the would go back to normal mode. The last two days though it just goes straight to the line modes and does not stop. Tried to search the forum but there was only 1 related topic which the owner said that was sorted under warranty.
In my case, there is no warranty so would I have to bite the bullet and get the screen replaced?

Are there any checks I do to see if the screen comes back to normal? All system functions i.e. parking sensors etc works fine.

I have my first service (4 year service for the car) at Volvo next week.

Thanks in advance,

Attachments

·
Registered
66Plate V40 D2 Momentum Nav Plus in Mussel Blue
75 Posts
Oh dear, Sorry to hear of your problem.
To me the vertical flickering lines almost certainly is a screen hardware problem which won't be a cheap rectification!
You say you have no warranty..how come? Did you buy the car privately?..that is the only scenario that comes to mind without warranty. If you bought from a dealer you always have a warranty even if it is only the basic statutary 'fit for purpose' 3months.
I would take to a Volvo dealer to get a proper diagnosis.

Good Luck with sorting it.

Alan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh dear, Sorry to hear of your problem.
To me the vertical flickering lines almost certainly is a screen hardware problem which won't be a cheap rectification!
You say you have no warranty..how come? Did you buy the car privately?..that is the only scenario that comes to mind without warranty. If you bought from a dealer you always have a warranty even if it is only the basic statutary 'fit for purpose' 3months.
I would take to a Volvo dealer to get a proper diagnosis.

Good Luck with sorting it.

Alan.
Thanks for the reply Alan.
Bought it from a dealer but I was just been given the standard 3-months warranty which is now expired. Car was bought end of June.

Just hope that they will manage to do something at the dealer with some software updates or so…

Thanks,
Ektor

·
Super Moderator
713 Posts
Not sure how much it will help, but possibly try disconnecting and reconnecting all the plugs on the back of the infotainment unit - there are a few guides on this forum on how to dismantle everything to get it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all,

After getting the car serviced at Volvo dealer machine came up with two fault codes for the ICM. What they said, is there may be either a problem with the screen itself or the wiring but they can’t tell for sure unless they take the panels etc out.

Having a look into the net, I could not find anywhere the two given codes and what they could potentially mean.

Have any of you seen these before?

Thanks,
Ektor

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts