Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I ordered my Volvo V40 D2 R-Design (Osmium Grey, rear tinted windows and parking sensors) back in early June and it got delivered yesterday!

I used to have a Citroen DS3 (wife's choice, so this time I got to pick) which was on lease for 2 years and it was a solid car not the most comfortable but general performance was decent.

So I got into the V40 yesterday and it was an absolute joy to be in. The drive was extremely comfortable, the build quality, everything was just a joy. I cannot wait to start doing longer journeys, for once will be happily driving to the in laws haha!

Only thing I think I regret is not having the seat and auto retractable mirrors on the car I may call up the lease company and see if I can get it fitted.

Kamran

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I definitely will be! Annoying thing is I called up the lease company and they said that retractable mirrors should be as standard. I did play around with the settings within My Car, but to no avail. Local Volvo garage says if I hold down L & R where the mirror controls are they should retract if they don't then it hasn't been fitted.

I am sure I read somewhere in the R-Design the retractable mirrors with lights are a standard???

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Yes, it should be standard. In my car settings there is the option to fold the mirrors in when locking the car, and when you have the car in reverse, you can change the mirror to show the ground for easier reversing.

Reactions: AKD47

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah just double checked Volvo website and autofolding mirrors with down lights are a standard.

Already spoken to Lease Company and they are waiting to hear back from the garage. Disappointed, after 3 months of waiting for it not to be up to spec.

When I reverse I can change the mirrors to show the ground, that's fine. In that sense it works but when I lock the car no folding mirrors :(

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes, it should be standard. In my car settings there is the option to fold the mirrors in when locking the car, and when you have the car in reverse, you can change the mirror to show the ground for easier reversing.
Do you mean that when the car is in reverse, it's like another set of settings? So in future the mirrors will fold themselves to that position every time you go into reverse?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Been told by one of the local dealers that if you hold down L&R it resets the mirrors to default as somebody may have pushed them in manually at some point before delivery.

Hoping that does the trick...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.