Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
another new member here.
Currently awaiting delivery of my new company car - Black D2 RDesign Sports Pack. VERY excited having seen the reviews, comments and photos.

Haven't actually driven one yet, though have visited my local Volvo dealer and seen one in the flesh which I was very impressed with.

Hopefully, I'll be taking delivery of it on Christmas Eve (godwilling) so will let you know once it's here.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Yellowbelly. Being a company lease, Im in the same park as Kev... it's been ordered and I'll get it when it arrives. I have been to my local Volvo dealership and sat in an R Design, so I know that I like the driving position etc. but Im just having to wait to see if all the positive comments live up to my expectation. I can't see that they wont.
Have been informed today that it will be here on 7th Jan, so roll on 2014!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Misha, good for you. I ordered mine without ever seeing one in the flesh...just knew I wanted one, end of. You should find your car absolutely tip top as Volvo have ironed out some silly niggles and the nice thing is that you will still sometimes go two or three weeks without seeing another V40...to be fair, I don't think I've seen a black one yet! Hope the car sets of your 2014 just right...any questions, the answers are in here!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Have to admit that having known I'm getting one for nearly 6 weeks I've been looking out for them on my travels.

So far have seen a grand total of 5!
2 of which were R Designs, one being a black demonstrator with garage livery all over it which I followed round part of the M25 at night.
Those rear light clusters look stunning when illuminated!

Like you say, they're not a common sight, which suits me fine. Would rather be in something other than a grey "Deutsch-box" ;)

·
Registered
382 Posts
She drops like a rock over bumpy ground. Tyre noise is deafening on any but perfect road surfaces. Door seals/locks creak a little and this car has the biggest turning circle of any car I have ever driven.

Would I swap her? Yes, but only for another V40!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well if all goes to plan the V40 should be arriving tomorrow. Am now getting VERY excited.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.