Volvo V40 Forums banner

Jacking points V40 -17 R-design

7K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  RS3100 
#1 ·
Hi! Im wondering where you’re supposed to jack up the car. It feels like its plastic just everywhere on 2017 r-design. I’ve been lifting on the rear axle during my tyrechanges so both of the rear wheels are in the air. In the future im looking for a safer way to lift the car so I can change my brakepads by myself. Do you have any tips of places under that is safer to lift?
Picture of the carjack im using atm.

See less See more
#5 ·
It also helps to have some pinch weld jack pads such as these. They sit on the jack pad and slot over the pinch weld on the lower edge of the metal sill panel to avoid damage. They are also small enough in diameter to fit within the recesses in the cars plastic sill cover panels. You will likely have problems trying to get the flat pad of a jack onto the sill without fouling the sill cover. I can recommend the seller in the eBay link below. I've bought quite a few jack pads of different types from her. You'll definitely need a low profile jack to get under the jacking points though, especially if using the pinch weld blocks.

Look under the sill in the areas indicated in @Jms153 's attachments and you'll see the recesses fro the jacking points. If you look carefully at the lower edges of the plastic sill cover panels you should also see an arrow shaped depression in the panel pointing to the jacking point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.