Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the imminent arrival of my V40 I think my V50 has got the hump. It went into limp mode on the way home from work yesterday and is now at the dealers ready to be looked at on Monday. In the meantime I have a poverty spec focus for the weekend.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That's not good, has it been fairly reliable until now? How long have you got to wait for the V40? If you don't like the Focus you've always got your road bike!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's been fine until a couple of weeks ago and only seems to be affected when it is very wet.

The V40 is due for delivery to the dealer a week on Tuesday, so not long to go.

The daily commute is a bit beyond daily cycling distance unfortunately.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have my V50 back, it was a sticking valve somewhere in the throttle housing. Getting back in it was like slipping on my favourite slippers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Check with your dealer again on delivery times. There's a new company doing all the transport and, as at 1st March, they aren't tied into the Volvo systems fully yet. Mine was booked for 18th March delivery and suddenly appeared on the 1st March without the dealership knowing. Worth a call ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice, will give them a buzz on Monday.

Which dealership did yours go to?

·
Registered
719 Posts
The 'new' company has been delivering Volvos for months. That was the excuse last November!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I feel sorry for you. Not so much about the V50, but that they gave you a Focus... Thats just sad reading..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Katron
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing