Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my first post here. I got my 2013 D3 in March and just had a remap today. Only driven a few miles so far but it feels smoother and has much more punch now. 147 ---> 211HP
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Pattern

I'm really happy with the overall improvements but am aware that I am now probably on the upper limits of what the clutch and other components can probably withstand. My question would be two fold - what could break/need upgrading first and what kind of power figures could this engine output with uprated parts? Do many people take these engines to the limits? Is there someone holding the crown for most powerful 5 pot in the UK? I really like this car and while I don't think I'll spend much more in the way of upgrades, it would be cool to know the potential of this car.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Some very nice figures there. current power is on the safe side for the components. I am mostly concerned about gearbox when doing a map. But they are rated factory at 450nm as safe limits. I have seen some guys running over 500nm, for years, no issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some very nice figures there. current power is on the safe side for the components. I am mostly concerned about gearbox when doing a map. But they are rated factory at 450nm as safe limits. I have seen some guys running over 500nm, for years, no issues.
Thanks dude 🙂That's good to know about the components too, cheers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi all, this is my first post here. I got my 2013 D3 in March and just had a remap today. Only driven a few miles so far but it feels smoother and has much more punch now. 147 ---> 211HP View attachment 18405
I'm really happy with the overall improvements but am aware that I am now probably on the upper limits of what the clutch and other components can probably withstand. My question would be two fold - what could break/need upgrading first and what kind of power figures could this engine output with uprated parts? Do many people take these engines to the limits? Is there someone holding the crown for most powerful 5 pot in the UK? I really like this car and while I don't think I'll spend much more in the way of upgrades, it would be cool to know the potential of this car.
Hi
Hi all, this is my first post here. I got my 2013 D3 in March and just had a remap today. Only driven a few miles so far but it feels smoother and has much more punch now. 147 ---> 211HP View attachment 18405
Hi CS, are you still happy with the remap and if so, I’ve got a few questions if you don’t mind?
Has it altered your mpg and if so, better or worse?
How much was the remap and where from and how long did they keep it please?
Cheers TIA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

Hi CS, are you still happy with the remap and if so, I’ve got a few questions if you don’t mind?
Has it altered your mpg and if so, better or worse?
How much was the remap and where from and how long did they keep it please?
Cheers TIA
Hi Jimbo,

As far as MPG, I couldn't give a solid yes or no about any improvements yet as I've not driven loads and when I have, I've tended to be enjoying the new power and hooning it about 😅. Although I have noticed, for example, that when cruising on the motorway I sit at lower revs than before so I would deduce that would mean less fuel usage e.g. better MPG.

I had the remap done at West Yorkshire Tuning for £360. It took him an hour to do two stock runs, load the map and then dyno it. There was a waiting room with Top Gear and an arcade machine. He didn't talk much but seemed like a professional operation as far as I could tell. Only issue I've had is the car clock keeps starting at 0 every time I start the car, so I'm going to ask him about why that's now happening but otherwise happy with the new power.

This is the video of my dyno.

Hope that helps 😀

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Jimbo,

As far as MPG, I couldn't give a solid yes or no about any improvements yet as I've not driven loads and when I have, I've tended to be enjoying the new power and hooning it about 😅. Although I have noticed, for example, that when cruising on the motorway I sit at lower revs than before so I would deduce that would mean less fuel usage e.g. better MPG.

I had the remap done at West Yorkshire Tuning for £360. It took him an hour to do two stock runs, load the map and then dyno it. There was a waiting room with Top Gear and an arcade machine. He didn't talk much but seemed like a professional operation as far as I could tell. Only issue I've had is the car clock keeps starting at 0 every time I start the car, so I'm going to ask him about why that's now happening but otherwise happy with the new power.

This is the video of my dyno.

Hope that helps 😀
Worth thinking about 🤔

1 - 6 of 6 Posts