Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Been a lurker for a good few months, didn`t want to register until we finally ordered the car. I say `We`, it will be Dad`s car as only he drives, whereas I am the only one who goes on the net. Anyway we paid in full for it on Thursday, have no idea when it will arrive, but ordered it with the following bits & bobs.

T3 SE Caspian blue 16" Matres
Winter Illumination pack
Driver support pack
Active TFT display & gearknob
Pcc, Rear park assist camera & Park assist pilot, Spare wheel

We paid full price for it £28,155....Will we get any freebies? lol. Also I take it will take about a month to arrive?.

·
Registered
11 Posts
eurovisionlad said:
Hi everyone!

Been a lurker for a good few months, didn`t want to register until we finally ordered the car. I say `We`, it will be Dad`s car as only he drives, whereas I am the only one who goes on the net. Anyway we paid in full for it on Thursday, have no idea when it will arrive, but ordered it with the following bits & bobs.

T3 SE Caspian blue 16" Matres
Winter Illumination pack
Driver support pack
Active TFT display & gearknob
Pcc, Rear park assist camera & Park assist pilot, Spare wheel

We paid full price for it £28,155....Will we get any freebies? lol. Also I take it will take about a month to arrive?.
As a UK purchaser I received mine within 6 weeks..... I still have a smile on my face every time I get in the car. You will love it.,..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. Mine will be about 12 weeks if I collect it on the 11th Feb and I got the following freebies:-

Private reg transfer
Floor divider
Protective Nylon net

All in all, not too bad with a few hundred quid. I would be surprised if anyone gets money of the value of the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry to be annoying but I got about 6% discount.

3 years free servicing and interest free credit-although I suspect those are the same for all UK customers

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys, i'm in SA, i couldnt get the V40 T4 Excel i wanted with the specs i needed, so i had to order. The sales person says 4 months, the wait is killing me ... But i'm hanging in there

·
Registered
24 Posts
Popping my cherry! First post on any forum!

I ordered a D4 R Design Lux in November with a £2000 discount and 0% finance. Quoted the price available through an online broker and the dealership matched it with no fuss.

Told it would be delivered early February but will be waiting until March for the latest plates.:shy::shy::shy::shy::

·
Registered
153 Posts
@Cadds8
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your first post! ever! Well done with the Finance, as my sister in law always says, 'when buying a car keep driving down the price until the salesman has tears in his eyes...'
What have you previously been driving?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all of your replies!. Well Dad finally got a call from Volvo yesterday, to say the car should arrive in "Early March". So fingers crossed that is correct!. We are both trying not to think much about it, apart from Dad who has occasional lapses of saying "Hehehe, Imagine that outside his house". The only thing that struck us (when we first saw the car at Volvo), was how shorter it seemed to be in length & how it seems to be quite a low car, We both thought it looked different from the Ad`s & Video`s. Have to admit when we ordered, I didn`t give the salesman chance to breath, I probably had a `fevered` look in my eyes, waiting for him to configure the car how we wanted it. I kept thinking the quicker it`s ordered, the quicker we will get it (Yes, even if only by a few minutes!)

·
Registered
24 Posts
London_2012

Thanks.
Nigh on 8 years of pootling around in a VW Polo TDI due to a young family after a series of hot hatch Fords. Kissed the original Focus RS goodbye for the Polo. Sad day.

Fancied something different from the German marques that everybody (wife included) seems to drive.

What about yourself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts