Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

So I have been considering numerous cars for some little time and finally took the plunge and ordered a V40 SE LUX NAV D2 in Biarritz Blue. Should arrive in about 2 1/2 months and I'm really looking forward to it.

I chose it ultimately because the D2 is very affordable car tax wise with more than adequate pull. The drive was superb (my favourite of all the "good" hatches talked about), interior and exterior styling great and feels premium. My Fender hard shell guitar case fits in the boot which is a massive plus! Much better standard equipment than other top spec premium German hatch rivals.

Just one question: does the SE LUX have heated seats? Couldn't work this out from the brochure since the "winter pack" is different for the LUX model.

Just for fun I thought I'd let you know the cars I'd considered on the way:

BMW 116d M Sport - very firm ride, leather extra, little leg room in back seat, not overly impressed with drive and not very good looking.

BMW 320d ED - great drive but basic spec with even fold down seats extra, poor show for a near £30K car. Also who doesn't have one?

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 S line - really nice car and was a very close call between this and the Volvo. Ultimately the lack of Nav option on my car list and more expensive engine deterred me. Also I couldn't fit my guitar in the boot width wise and the dealers were just rude. Plus regardless of what reviews say the leg room in the back seat is not better than the v40 though head room is a bit better. I think I could have been happy with this car though.

Mercedes A180 AMG Sport - looks the nuts and cool to be in but drive and engine really poor compared to the Volvo. Boot surprisingly good despite narrow opening, for example I managed to get my guitar case in :)

Mercedes C220 CDI SE - good overall but just dull really. Also diesel engine was noisy and had a cruddy turbo delay. Also as company driver a 2.2 diesel engine is a massive put off due to higher per mile rates.

Volvo V60 Business Edition D3 - good but dull spec, bar the nice nav inclusion. Also annoyingly springy clutch making smooth shifting a pain and nowhere to put your left foot - V40 left foot space is much better.

That's that.

Dave

·
Registered
221 Posts
Have to order them

Sadly you have to order a winter pack to get heated seats - for the LUX it's the LUX Winter pack as you already guessed. It gets the heated windscreen, front seats and the illuminated gearknob.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked at it and drove my friends. Just not impressed really. Probably because people yak about them all the time. For me it's ugly and plain in everyway. Just not in the same class. Also it doesn't drive as well as a Focus and is more expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts