Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...... Volvo V40 D4 R Design (Met Black) with 18"Ixion II alloys, sports pack and Panoramic roof.

It'll be my 3rd Volvo (2 x S40's) after having a bit of a Volvo break with a Honda Civic Type S and finally a Peugeot RCZ GT, both have been great cars but the attention I got in the RCZ got a bit annoying.

Now back to my trusty Volvo I'm looking forward to blending in a bit better, but nice to have a bit of grunt under the bonnet to get myself out of trouble.

Now just a waiting game as its not due until the end of October.

As with all car orders, time seems to slow down waiting for your delivery.

Anyway, happy driving guys

Beef

·
Registered
221 Posts
...... Volvo V40 D4 R Design (Met Black) with 18"Ixion II alloys, sports pack and Panoramic roof.

It'll be my 3rd Volvo (2 x S40's) after having a bit of a Volvo break with a Honda Civic Type S and finally a Peugeot RCZ GT, both have been great cars but the attention I got in the RCZ got a bit annoying.

Now back to my trusty Volvo I'm looking forward to blending in a bit better, but nice to have a bit of grunt under the bonnet to get myself out of trouble.

Now just a waiting game as its not due until the end of October.

As with all car orders, time seems to slow down waiting for your delivery.

Anyway, happy driving guys

Beef
Nice !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very Nice, I've just ordered a D2 R-Desigh, Titanium Grey, Parking Sensors & Privacy Glass - Can't wait... I had an S40 8 years ago and I just loved it. Had a CRV and more recently an E-Class, big cars for carting around buggies and general kids stuff - but bland... now the kids are a little older I don't need to cart all the Paraphernalia around any more so went for this, smashing car...!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:

Car was delivered to me yesterday and I have to say I'm like a dog with two Di..s!!!

Loving the power of the D4.

Motorway's are a dream, get up into 6th and the pull of power to overtake is just spot on.

Only downside is the road noise but the Sports Pack and the 18" wheels don't help there but it's still smoother and quieter than my RCZ.

Sound out of the standard stereo isn't anything to be sniffed at either, sounds great and enjoying my first DAB experience.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Welcome aboard! Road noise is only bad on gritty roads. Motorways are fine.

D2 has good overtaking power but can only imagine how powerful the big engines are. Had an S60 turbo in the recent past and I have to say the Volvo straight 5 is a work of art.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found another little niggle......

When locking the car/turning on the alarm there is no light/indicator flash to confirm, only the little red light on the top of the dash.

The indicators flash when opening the car but none for locking, is this right or is there something I've missed in the myriad of options?.

Forgot to mention the great noise the motor makes when you give it a bit.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Screenshot_2013-11-09-18-45-06.jpg not sure if this will work but the light and sound confirmations are all selectable in "my car" Settings.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Should have said - it's page 206 in the handbook.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I always think reading the instructions as cheating but I should of used the old saying "RTFM"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts