Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi

Yes Keyless start used to standard on SE and Lux models until MY14. Keyless entry was only ever available as part of the PCC option bringing keyless start with it. If the dealer car had keyless entry then it must have had PCC.
Without keyless start you can remove the key once the engine has started but a message reporting key removed appears in the main dash (on the TFT at least, can't say what indication is given on the analogue dash). The engine continues to run though.

On my D2, reverse is left and up. On a D3 and D4 demos I drove reverse was right and down though.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi
I have a question or 2! I have ordered a V40 D2 Cross Country Lux my question is as they did not have this model available on site only the SE? does the Lux have keyless or key! 2nd question have a Dabs radio? as the manual is not very clear to say least? its a Diesel model,:exclamation: :s
Hi,

If you mean a physical key versus a remote fob to open the doors/start the engine then you get a remote fob that slots in the dash. Your D2 will require you press the unlock button on the fob to open the doors and place the fob in the dash to start it unless you specify the Personal Car Communicator (PCC) option. This lets you walk up to the car and open the doors and start the engine whilst leaving the fob in your pocket or bag.
See here
All spec V40's in the UK have DAB radio as standard now.
Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.