Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my D2 SE on order, hopefully mid October delivery, but in the meantime two queries!

On the model I saw at a dealer, I swear it had keyless entry and keyless start (this was back in June/July, before I finally decided to order last month) and came as standard on the SE. Since then I have read that Keyless is now only available on the MY14 versions as part of the PCC pack. Is ths correct? And if so, is that BOTH keyless entry AND keyless start gone? Or just keyless start? (Can you remove the key once you've started the engine, or do you have to keep it in the slot all the time?)

Second question is regards to the location of reverse gear! Some pictures (for the right hand models here in chilly blighty) show it as being away to the left and up (next to first), whilst others show it being to the right and down (next to sixth). Ideally, the later is good for me as that's where reverse has always been on my previous cars, so used to it being there!

Thanks all! Looking forward in any event to getting it! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I guess the one in the showroom must have had the PCC pack as mentioned. Shame Volvo have changed the standard spec with the MY14 versions (backwards), although the addition of the DAB radio is a bonus (I didn't know that either!).

Nice to know that one you've started the car with the key in the slot, you can remove it as it's served it's purpose and started the engine (although I guess in retrospect, if you do that and then put it in your pocket for instance, only to stall the engine ten minutes later, it's a bit of a faff to find it and put it back in again!) lol,

Thanks for the info on where the reverse gear is. If it changes position compared on the model derivative (D2/D3/D4) then that could explain why the images I've seen of the cars interior sometimes show it next to first gear, and sometimes next to sixth. If on my D2 SE it'll be to the left and up (rather than to the right and down like I'm used to in all my cars to date), it'll take a bit of getting used to! Why can't there just be a standard location for it!!

Thanks for the link to the site to download the manuals. I've just nabbed one so I can familiarise myself with it in advance, most useful! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.