Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I picked up my new car two weeks ago and was surprised that keyless start wasn't included. As it was an R Design Lux I thought it would be. All the pictures of the interior I had seen show the word Keyless on the slot you put the key in mine is blank,. I would like this if possible, so my question for you is, can I have it retro fitted and if yes how much?

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Ah, pictures are always misleading. Here in South Africa it always gets my goat, when they advertise a Audi A4, then they show the nice S4 kitted one, but then the writing says it starts at xyz price.

If you advertise a base entry model, put in a base model car picture. I think here the keyless entry/start is not standard, and possibly can't be added on later.

·
Registered
227 Posts
agree

Ah, pictures are always misleading. Here in South Africa it always gets my goat, when they advertise a Audi A4, then they show the nice S4 kitted one, but then the writing says it starts at xyz price.

If you advertise a base entry model, put in a base model car picture. I think here the keyless entry/start is not standard, and possibly can't be added on later.
agree completely same with BMW they show the m series in all there ads but no std cars .and merc are no better .

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think there was a discussion thread here somewhere about this in the past. If I recall correctly someone asked Volvo how much it would be to retrofit keyless start and was told it has to be done at build time. I do know though that Keyless was dropped from the SE Lux and R-Design Lux models at the launch of MY14 and is only available as part of the PCC option now.
Some enterprising soul maybe be able to fit it but I doubt you'll get a dealer to do it I'm afraid.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Cuba11, I had a feeling that would be the case. If I new for sure at the time that it had been dropped for the My14 Lux version I would have asked for it. They also dropped the illuminating gear knob as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.