Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My late 2015 Volvo V40 D2 suffered a major clutch fault and it was traced to a leaking slave cylinder which has contaminated the drive plate with fluid.
The dual mass flywheel damper has also failed.
A local garage had to replace all the components below:
clutch slave cyl + pipe.
clutch drive plate + cover.
dual mass flywheel +bolts.
Low mileage only 44,000, serviced every year - how can this happen? I tried to contact Volvo Customer Service but no help whatsoever as yet... this is surely a manufacturing fault. I can see other reports in the Forum regarging flywheel and clutch failures.... has anyone been able to take Volvo to task about this through complaints??? Would welcome any advice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

I share your disappointment :(

My July 2016 T2 has covered 25k miles and is four months out of warranty. After describing the well-documented symptoms of a leaking clutch slave cylinder, they’ve quoted me £1600 for replacement (including new clutch while everything’s out).

They helpfully commented that if they did the work, Volvo may contribute up to 10 per cent of the cost given that I have had the car maintained within the dealer network.

Has anyone else had any success in persuading Volvo to help out a bit more with replacing a component that I would imagine should have a longer service life?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts