Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a way in the settings to have the day running Lower LED lights on with the main headlights?
As far as I can tell they turn off once the main headlights are on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently the MY15 volvo the LED lights now dim rather than turn off when the main headlights are on. Does anyone know if this will be part of a software update to MY14.5 models?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I read somewhere that there is a software update but pricy around €100,-- perhaps to inform by you're dealer.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I read somewhere that there is a software update but pricy around €100,-- perhaps to inform by you're dealer.
Unfortunately this extra "accessory" does not add the LED's to main lights. I went for this update last week and it was € 88,-, about 15 mins work. What it does is that now together with the LED lights there are also those front parking light strips in the headlamps on + orange side markers + rear parking lights. It looks like this:

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/gallery/geneva-2012-volvo-v40-live-photos_4.jpg

I have R-Design, so the LED's in the bumper are vertical strips.

However, there is one negative thing connected with this upgrade: Now the small green diode on the light knob is ALWAYS on in auto mode, so I lost the indication if there are daytime running lights on or the sensor switched on the xenons when set in AUTO. Not so happy about this and I realised that yesterday when checking the lights :dodgy:

·
Registered
202 Posts
However, there is one negative thing connected with this upgrade: Now the small green diode on the light knob is ALWAYS on in auto mode, so I lost the indication if there are daytime running lights on or the sensor switched on the xenons when set in AUTO. Not so happy about this and I realised that yesterday when checking the lights :dodgy:
From this I would take it that you have MY13 and the update takes it to MY14 as that's exactly how my MY14 behaves, including the eyebrow LEDs and the orange markers.
The only way I've been able to tell is by looking at the reflection in the bumper of the car ahead when I pull up at traffic lights.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I already had this bought this update a few months ago.. :)

There is a new one after that..

·
Registered
197 Posts
From this I would take it that you have MY13 and the update takes it to MY14 as that's exactly how my MY14 behaves, including the eyebrow LEDs and the orange markers.
The only way I've been able to tell is by looking at the reflection in the bumper of the car ahead when I pull up at traffic lights.
Can you please tell me what happens with your MY14 when you turn the light knob to the most left position (OFF)? After the upgrade only LED's in the bumper are on when using this, exactly the same as before the upgrade. So now if I want to profit from the upgrade I must leave it in AUTO mode and let the sensor do its job. I am starting to think the upgrade was a waste of money :-/

·
Registered
197 Posts
I already had this bought this update a few months ago.. :)

There is a new one after that..
Michel, I can see you're from the Netherlands. I upgraded the lighting logic in Eindhoven.

Can you please be more detailed about "there is a new one after that"? I guess this is maximum I can get from MY13 as there was only one lighting logic upgrade advertised on dutch Volvo pages.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Can you please tell me what happens with your MY14 when you turn the light knob to the most left position (OFF)? After the upgrade only LED's in the bumper are on when using this, exactly the same as before the upgrade. So now if I want to profit from the upgrade I must leave it in AUTO mode and let the sensor do its job. I am starting to think the upgrade was a waste of money :-/
DRLs only come on. It's a shame we can't get the MY15 logic. I'm wondering if the drivers for the DRL's are different in the MY15's allowing for them to dim.

·
Registered
197 Posts
DRLs only come on. It's a shame we can't get the MY15 logic. I'm wondering if the drivers for the DRL's are different in the MY15's allowing for them to dim.
Probably. I am no car mechanic but I would think this requires some extra hardware mounted. Probably DYI solution only.

·
Registered
197 Posts
@mhron -> See www.volvo-forum.nl there is a thread about this..

And why would you not leave it on AUTO?. Easiest way.
I am in Holland only temporarily and I don't speak Dutch so that forum is quite useless for me.

And of course I can leave it on AUTO but as I said earlier in this thread the system doesn't work as it should (and as originally was). The green diode is supposed to indicate if the main lights are on or off but now it is lit all the time. Only a detail but I feel the upgrade should keep the original functionality of the lights controller.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ok.. Light above switch is always on with update..
You can't see anymore which light is burning.

Still find this strange that there is on indication on the display.

·
Registered
202 Posts
And what's worse is it should be a relatively simple addition for the TFT dash as it's all software. The analogue dash is different matter though needing an extra indicator, wiring and template.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just check my lights and it seems that I do have the latest software. Both my led day lights and park lights are on during the day along with my rear strips. At night though, while on automatic mode my led's turn off.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just check my lights and it seems that I do have the latest software. Both my led day lights and park lights are on during the day along with my rear strips. At night though, while on automatic mode my led's turn off.
And what's your model year? I understood that only from new MY15 LED's are on (dimmed) together with the mains. So as I reported in this thread the lighting logic upgrade for my MY13 did not add this feature.

·
Registered
227 Posts
lights DRLS

Does anyone know if there is a way in the settings to have the day running Lower LED lights on with the main headlights?

As far as I can tell they turn off once the main headlights are on.
in some countries it is illegal to run drls at night or they must be dimmed to equal park lights,
I run mine all the time all it cost me two diodes a small piece of wire and some heat shrink tube and removal of the bumper so total 30 mins

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.