Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
Anyone knows if u can enable some kind of warning in case u leave your lights on?
If i don't have the lights switch on "0" or "auto" my lights stay on even when I get off and lock the car. I have left them running once or twice and I was wondering if you can enable a beeping warning or some kind of alarm.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
There are Those days where auto is not the way to go mind you? This morning around my way was nice and bright but pretty foggy. Lights were needed but they would not have switched on if left to auto alone.

·
Registered
395 Posts
This has been mentioned before and, no, no audible warning which is a pain as i often use side lights and forget to switch them off. My wife always has the lights in the "on" position and also forgets to switch off.

·
Registered
382 Posts
There are Those days where auto is not the way to go mind you? This morning around my way was nice and bright but pretty foggy. Lights were needed but they would not have switched on if left to auto alone.
I know where I'm concerned Kev is always Johnny opposite but my lights stay on at times when actually I think it's bright enough without. They come on instantly under bridges etc. and they even work in misty morning weather when the sun can still shine quite brightly but hazily. The auto lights are one of the best standard features of the Volvo range imho.

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
945 Posts
I agree with both, some times when it is still quite bright my auto lights come on but this morning on the run to Leeds in the fog when they were needed they did not come on so I turned them on manually. I turned them back to auto when I arrived but I assume they only stay on if they are on parking lights and go off on all other settings (most modern cars are like this now)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess "auto" is the way to go but...
A month ago I was driving (afternoon) and a driver on the opposite direction flashed his lights on me. There was no reason for this and seemed odd. I was then talking with a friend who owns a focus (my2014) and told me he is not using "auto" as his car's sensor is a bit sensitive, having flashed his lights on opposite coming cars on an occasion or two.
So I thought I might have been doing the same thing that afternoon.
This is why I am a bit hesitant about using "auto"
Anyone experienced anything like this ?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Not to my knowledge. I did notice the headlights come on as I went under a longish bridge late afternoon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.