Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Hoping someone has experience in removing their locking nut on a 2013 V40 Cross Country LUX?
I unfortunately picked up a puncture but do not have the key or wrench (possibly lost by previous owner, wasn't something I checked for when buying the car).
I've read that Volvo don't do replacements or keep records of keys? "www.lockingwheelnutkeys.co.uk" haven't been able to help me so I think my next call will be to a professional to come and remove it, I thought it would be worth trying on here first. Any advice would be appreciated...
Many thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
I found these, maybe worth a try?

As other have said, if you can't get the locking wheel nut key to work, find a deep socket, and hammer it onto the nut. I have used this method in the past and it worked for me.
Hey mates,

Here is a video how to remove the wheel lock, it is not easy job, may be it will help other guys.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,
Hoping someone has experience in removing their locking nut on a 2013 V40 Cross Country LUX?
I unfortunately picked up a puncture but do not have the key or wrench (possibly lost by previous owner, wasn't something I checked for when buying the car).
I've read that Volvo don't do replacements or keep records of keys? "www.lockingwheelnutkeys.co.uk" haven't been able to help me so I think my next call will be to a professional to come and remove it, I thought it would be worth trying on here first. Any advice would be appreciated...
Many thanks
Weld a nut on to the locker that works 99% of the time

1 - 3 of 3 Posts