Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am a driving instructor & in need of a new car.
Looking at a 2018 v40 (t2 or t3) Automatic

Any information or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Especially around the gearbox reliability.

thanks 馃槉

Registered
As far as I know and have experience with it on my T4 which also has the 6-speed geartronic: very good en smooth. No issues at all.
As the T2 and T3 have the 1.5 engines with lower torque, I would not expect any issues for this gearbox.

Registered
SWMBO has a T2 auto. Her car does mainly short journeys often stop start and no probs after 3.5 years in use.
Very solid car, steering is well balanced with plenty of 'feel'. Gearbox is very smooth. Driving position with seat and steering wheel has a good range. Generally feels an easy car to drive. T2 would be plenty enough for a learner. Rear visibility may be problematic for a learner but you would need to check that yourself.

hth

Registered
I have a 2016 model year V40 T2 geartronic which I have owned almost from new and have now covered 50,000 miles with no issues. The transmission is made by Aisin and is used by a number of manufactures and is very smooth.

Registered
Wait, you are letting your students drive your T2/T3 auto for lessons? Do you let them use the reverse sensors and cameras or it's strictly by mirror and eye? Suggest you also try to get some alloygators as well, as well, diamond cut alloys are so not the type of rims to be kerbed all the time. I would say the T2 is more than enough for your needs. I did my driving lessons in a Fiesta 1.4TDI...12 years ago...ahh...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts